The "Veblen good" War - Teenage Engineering. Fine or bad?

In an attempt to steer everyone’s outrage or understanding away from gear specific threads, please share your hot takes here.

:checkered_flag:

Very interesting subject. :thinking:
I feel like indeed we are not aware enough of this…

:yawning_face:

I am only ok with this if @Fin25 gets to set the tone of this discussion.

1 Like

Google “Veblen war” …. Results = confusion….

I’ve been thinking a lot about this and, honestly, I think a lot of the sentiment is residue feelings to a bad economy and runaway inflation.

It reminds of when Abercrombie refused to lower the prices after the 08 financial crash. People were similarly outraged. Today Abercrombie is a faint shadow of itself.

Not saying that’s going to happen to TE. Just drawing a parallel…

1 Like

keeping up with the jones? Gucci culture of the pseudo rich and rich

“Pseudo rich” are those the ones who take out high interest loan to buy a Gucci bag? Or a OP-1 Field…

I read this as “Veblen War,” and thought it was the title of an Isaac Asimov fanfic

On the subject of Abercrombie - there’s a pretty shocking documentary about what went on behind the scenes with that lot. Absolutely incredible what they managed to get away with for so long. Even more incredible that folk still buy their stuff when knowing about their practices.

But yeah, we’re approaching boiling pot for a lot of issues to just keep churning and folks are going to feel priced out of an increasing amount of things they used to take for granted. It’s going to bite into their music hobby/living and it;s going to hurt. Bad.

1 Like

I need to watch that. I worked in one of their stores back in the day. It was run by just-out of college children. Absolute chaos.

1 Like

Nope.

I’ve had enough of trying to have a laugh on here.

1 Like

Might as well close it then.

(Per OP request)