The Unofficial Bangface Weekender 2022 hype thread

I’ve always considered BangFace as severed from reality. I definitely lost the connection at the 2019 Xmas party.

1 Like

:joy:

Psy- is a regular target of mockery amongst my friends (who otherwise love a bit of acid). I should probably have put such a warning on my room ad further upthread.

1 Like

Back in the day at Glade Festival we really did think Psy was the answer to God’s own questions, and that everyone else at the event was a moron.

I only half jest.

:frowning:

(I love psy)

3 Likes

I only experienced Glade at Glasto. I’ve heard epic tales from the standalone one.

1 Like

Ah yeah the Glade area at Glasto did see some pretty special acts over the years … !

Anyway, back to banging faces. Carry on!

1 Like

I don’t think Psy would go down well, the Tumbridge wells crew are either tiny and quiet or unrepresented.

And I’d stop short of calling it a festival. It’s not really a rave either. It’s just Bangface. Messy fucking Bangface. Honestly, I’ve thought more than once about taking a tent, as it’s be better than the fucking “chalets” they put people in.

Did actually camp in 2012 when it was in Cornwall (what a fucking weekend that was) pitched up next to that geezer off the telly with Tourettes, seemed like a nice guy.

3 Likes

You mean Roger? Fucking Christ Tom, what a BANGER

1 Like

No, he was some guy off Big Brother or something. Can’t remember. I didn’t have a clue who he was, but my wife went on about it loads.

She also spent most of Bangface 2016 stalking Venetian Snares.

just scrolled past that myself and thought u wot m8

lol I wouldn’t have a clue either

That was a Roger Mellie joke btw (Viz)

1 Like

2006 was something. fucking. else.

1 Like

Is it at Camber Sands?

I was down in Dungeness in January. Very strange place with a powerstation, history of military experiments, railway-carriage-houses (some just sheds, others £700 per night Airbnb architectural statements) and geological oddness.

Worth a wander around on a comedown. Weirdly inspiring.

Don’t go swimming tho.

1 Like

2020 BF Weekender. Massive Superspreader event. Who can ever forget the pool party (or Covid Soup as we renamed it) and this guy…

Enjoy you Mentalists!!

5 Likes

Naah, moved out of there for 2012 in Newquay, then got barred from Newquay in 2013 cos of noise complaints or something, so moved up to Pontins in Southport, where it’s always winter.

3 Likes

t’up North nowadays. Pontins Southport.

2 Likes

NEO-LIBERAL RAVE ARMAGEDDON

Bangface: pay artists for their performances!

It’s a well-known secret within the djs who played the festival that bangface exploits and is abusive towards the artists on their lineup.

Acting like a multi-level marketing or a cult, bangface is a scheme that relies on these known bad practices:

• Asking djs to act as bookers but without budgets.

• Organising “takeovers” where they will bring small scenes to the stages, for almost nothing, or no money at all.

• Not paying any fee to the djs, and only giving them have a free ticket “as a payment”. Many djs even pay for their ticket to the festival.

• Booking a lot of small artists who they know attend the festival (“hard crew”) and offering them a dj set last minute.

Bangface sells itself as a community but is a profit-driven pyramid business. It capitalises from small underground music scenes and it should pay every artist in the lineup.

It completely sells out at £220 a ticket. It can afford it.

Bangface is a great and much loved festival but it can and should do better

1 Like

went to at least 1 ATP @ camber sands. 3 days zero sleep. job done :sunglasses::+1:

survived on steak slices from the tuck shop.

:partying_face:

3 Likes

Is it?
Because a lot of those DJs come back and play every year.

Any evidence of this abuse/exploitation?

I thought it was a guy called James.

Have you spoken to him? I’ve found him to be super approachable and a thoroughly reasonable guy. He even went out of his way to make custom Bangface babygrows for mine and my friend’s kids.

I’m sure some/a lot of the acts play for free or for very little, it’s a small festival with a lot of hours to fill. In an ideal world, everyone would get paid, but it’s not ideal.

Seriously though, if you can provide any sort of tangible evidence of anything untoward, I’ll be sure to do my bit to help and have a word with James about it next weekend. Like I said, he seems like a really reasonable guy.

1 Like

I would love to be going to bangface but more realistically I’m going to spain to drink and eat until I can’t any more in an AI hotel waterpark

3 Likes

I think you mean Buck(fast) shop.

2 Likes