The Tattoo Thread

Hi guys

I got my first tattoo this week. It was done by the lovely Rachel Aspe at The Blank Collective in London (you can see where I tapped out at 9 hours on the second day and couldn’t bear the other other elbow to be done). Going back in august to go all the way up.

Thought I’d share and maybe start a group for anyone with or wanting a tattoo to post in. Show us your ink!

29 Likes

Very nice !

Nice work.

Here’s mine.

Cthulhu, done by Dan at Cannock ink in 2017.

And this was done by some poor trainee at a butchers shop in Leicester when I got bored one afternoon and went in on impulse. It’s been re-inked a couple of times but there’s some pretty nasty scarring where she went too deep.

Don’t get impulse tattoos kids.

6 Likes

Wow, that’s easily one of the most beautiful tattoos I’ve ever seen.

Mine is very minimal and fairly small. People ask me about its meaning all the time. As if everything has to mean something, and always the same static thing independent of context.

1 Like

Just happened to take this one yesterday when there was some cool light shining through the window.
First tattoo done about 4 years ago.

7 Likes

i know tattoo’s are very personal … i could never have anything from a catalogue , or one i’ve seen on 1000’s of people or ‘of the time’ like tribal ones were in the 90’s. id never have a generic clock/ship/lion/wings/flag/dragon/skull / yaaaawwwwnnnnnnnn … but thats just me and my point of view… many of these tattoo’s will no doubt be posted here,… and obviously thats fine too.

i do have one, i designed it, i’ll post a pic soon (its a 3d abstract geometric thing) … i fullly appreciate many will think its quite basic / rubbish and they’d never have it… but (as i mention ) … its unique to me at least.

Only one ive got, thought about maybe doing more in the same theme. Bonuspoint if you know what it is :relieved:

7 Likes

…another addiction ahead…

ink art is great, as long u come up with ur very own whishes/pieces/messaes/vision things instead of pickin’ just any motive that suits ur momentary liking from various catalogues at the tattoo shop of ur trust…

i got ink art all over my body, here and there…but i get the actual content always just stiched in black/blueish…no candy colours…never…
and it’s all my own claims/punchlines/album titles/project brands/disclaimers/motives/personal behalfs…

on my right hand/fingers, above the knuckles i got the STOP/PLAY/RECORD button icons from elektron…for example…

2 Likes

Castlevania life meter?

1 Like

My one and only bit of ink, it’s my missus initials, drawn by me sort of tag style… it’s not much to look at but it’s meaningful to me the way any tat should be… :heart:

5 Likes

Anyone tried temporary tattoo printers to test ideas out before committing?

Funny story. At one point in my life I had fallen from my skateboard while shitfaced drunk and broken my left wrist (again). A friend of mine had been hit by a car while riding his scooter and had a broken ankle. A friend of his worked at a tattoo shop that was celebrating their first anniversary with $20 flash tattoos, so my friend and I went down there to see what there was to see and lo and behold there was a bone tied in a knot on the flash sheet.
“Bone brothers!”we cried, and got in line.
We had different artists. His friend did his and it took about 20 minutes and looked like a bone tied in a knot. Mine took about 40 minutes and as I looked at it in the mirror in the shop, streaky with ink, I declared that it looked great. After showering the next morning and taking a good look at it I thought it looked a little off…perhaps some unfortunate shading? I went to a separate friends house for a second opinion.
“Why on earth did you get a penis tied in a knot tattooed on your chest?” confirmed my fears.
It’s hilarious. I never got it touched up.
So…yeah… impulse tattoos are a risky business.

6 Likes

4 Likes

The elder sign of protection

2 Likes

I personally think this would just make me want to change my mind more. Part of getting a tattoo is definitely the permanence of it and mine was extra scary as most of it was designed under the gun while it was happening. Made the whole process mean more to me though

most of mine are stick n pokes and not really post on the internet material but these three are my most professional. got these first two from Helen at Inkognito in Taipei.

her main style is smoke so she designed this one for me. a friend of mine who introduced me to her got her whole side done with a column of smoke, super sick. that little guy on the elbow is a squid stick n poke i got at an art fair in Taipei

then she did this boomhauer/johnny bravo one for me which was a drunken design i came up with but she put her own artistic spin on it and added some details

then i got this one most recently from Colin at Storm Bloom in Seattle, i have celiac disease. Colin is super nice and a great hang, his studio is in the old Rainier brewery too, a fun location.

5 Likes

No but maybe close, its the ”big heart” from Kid icarus(nes). The pixels are of the same size as the squares of a college pad, so if i do more ill stick to that size. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I told my super trusted tattooist Joe Farrell from Kilburn Original I wanted a portrait of my cat as a Samurai.

9 Likes

On a side note my Dad and I are now experimenting with pottery glazes based on my arms

5 Likes

7 Likes