The Syntakt Feature Request Thread

The particularly high Syntakt price point compared to the other digi boxes, potential Drumlogue competition, and the fact that the company-defining MD and MNM had versions of user sample/wave makes me hopeful here. What’s the rationale behind the “there’s no way Syntakt gets a sample machine” sentiment so many here share with so much absolute certainty? I get that they usually don’t have product overlaps, but there’s tons of current overlap, Syntakt really is an overlap by it’s very nature. I think a lot of people try Syntakt and let it go after a while because it can’t sample, and the box sort of appeals to an “all in one” crowd that sampling would round it out for.

Particularly if they update the rytm to bring it’s sampler and mixer up to par with the Digitakt, then there would be no cannibalization as far as i can tell. That would bring some balance to the lineup imo. Rytm can’t have too many inferiorities to a sampling-enabled Syntakt, and especially much lower cost DT. If the sampling on the Rytm was better than on Syntakt, it would have a comfortably wide niche still (in addition to song mode, 8 filters, toms, etc)

3 Likes

Right! I assumed they meant Elektronauts user rumors (which is weird because why would we know anything), which is why i came here looking, and found nothing.

1 Like

Concerning an update, some bug corrections are needed first, I’m confident they worked on it.

I’d rather see a sample based machine, no sampling abilities.

1 Like

rumors from elektronauts Knobcon thread… :laughing:

2 Likes

I see that now. I think i actually believe the rumor. Totally plausible that it would get an update to fix bugs and sell more while it’s still hot, or a needed boost for a new product in a rocky economic time

1 Like

don´t get the mob started…they mobed for month on end as the syntakt trademark got signed and someone realised it…so if there is an update coming…it comes when there is an update on the frontpage. I won´t wait :smile:

Solo track! please

4 Likes

When I press REC when I’m in mute-mode, nothing happens, the track recorder menu doesn’t open. I have to leave mute mode to be able to press REC to edit a sequence.

Is that an error on my unit or is that “normal”? If so: feature request to just make REC button work also when you’re on Mute-Mode.

Look at what is happening to Drumlogue almost everywhere on the net, don’t make the same mistake. We need you to stay “futuristic” (sorry I have no other words now), looking in front of you, not back.
Of course little improvements will be welcome but new machines, and new innovative machines would be great. Your best successes are new look on more traditionnal products.

Hi
Is it technically possible to add a Sampler to Syntakt with an upgrade?
Even if it’s unlikely that Elektron ever will.

1 Like

Yes, no and also maybe.

Why do you ask?

1 Like

its gonna depend on how much DSP would be available I guess. But I doubt anyone with the actual answer is going to give it to you.

2 Likes

And RAM I guess…
The MD UW RAM is 2.2MB IIRC

The MnM have a machine for drums…don’t know how it works technically.

Technically - and I’m just guessing - as the audio-in can be processed internally - that stream is potentially available for capture to non-volatile storage. So a proper sample function might be possible.

However, what would be just fine by me is the ability to upload (elektron transfer) either single cycle waveforms, wavetables or limited length one shots and enable those user timbres to be an osc. with various knob parameters available.

Actual sampling would be great, but for me, just as good, would be to have 128 slots each able to hold 2 sec wav data as a kit, and for 16 kits, or whatever permanent storage can be kept on board and that they can be uploaded via USB at a snail rate protocol if necessary.

I don’t see the Syntakt stomping on the Digitakt’s toes significantly in having such a machine available…

It would allow the Syntakt avail of an unlimited range of drum/noise/lead melody hit potential, which would be huge for versatility whilst not meaningfully competing with existing Digi’s. The takt seems to be as much a melodic line/drum loop clip sequencer as a drum machine, and the Syntakt won’t be competing with the former.

7 Likes

that would be so dope. And then you essentially get a sort of Novation Peak type thing in a smaller form factor (and without polyphony). Would be cool if they had like a dual “oscillator” machine that used two wave samples.

1 Like

Strap a cassette recorder to it with velcro.

4 Likes

When I first saw the Syntakt, I wondered whether sampling functionality would be available. This would potentially tread on the toes of the hugely successful Digitakt.

Then I thought…what if they unlocked sampling as a feature with an updated OS that you had a choice to pay for…? Not saying that they should do this - just that I wondered whether it had been considered, if it is indeed possible.

G

Syntakt is around $250 more than Digitakt right now. With a less capable sampler than digitakt, but with its own twist, I think they can put a sample based machine in Syntakt

5 Likes

Please don’t fuck with the business model like this.

8 Likes

if sampling functionality will be added at some point, there will be lots of moaning why there’s no feature X and feature Y that sampler X or sampler Y does have.

those who want sampling typically want a full-blown sampler engine.

just saying.

5 Likes