The Syntakt Feature Request Thread

Great unit this one! — after a few days in use I have stumbled over a few issues;

• Portamento, slides, ties — essential. (yes the ‘bend’ function is there but it’s not the same thing).
• Visual (graphic) keyboard sequence programming in the display as in Digitone etcetera. Much more convenient.
• In step mode you can’t really see which steps are active or which notes are written, while programming (or have I missed something?) — which makes pattern step programming uncomfortable.

4 Likes

I don’t know if this is a feature request or a bug report, but I wish that when you turned the filter type all the way to the left that it turned off, and showed the dashed lines like the DT and DN do.

1 Like

I have some trouble with the dual-purpose/“overloaded” shortcuts like FUNC-TRACK. I’m not accustomed to the quickness/alacrity with which I must hit the TRACK button to switch in/out of keyboard input mode (and back/forth from track mode). It seems to really be quite a quick tap, and I might just be a more slow and plodding person. 5-out-of-6 times I’ll bring up the keyboard display instead, unintentionally, and then must fight to get out of it.

Maybe a personalization option / feature could be implemented like ‘shortcuts for turtles’ or ‘time before button hold/held’, that lets me change how long certain ‘quick tap vs. hold’ shortcuts timers are. Perhaps this could tie in with the ‘show all values on the SYN/TRIG/ENV/FILT pages’ which always ‘flicker’ the values when I press the keys, which distracts me when I am switching pages.

For me I hold [FUNC] and then tap [TRACK], then release [FUNC]. Is that the same way you are doing it?

Yes. I think the ‘tap’ on my unit must be very quick, quicker than I am accustomed to. Otherwise it switches to the keyboard mode screen. Or, something else is going on.

When holding down the track and page button at the same time, I think only the fills on the active track should be activated. By doing it this way, you can choose between 14 different fills (one for each channel, one for the fx bus, and one for all of them) on a single pattern. The possibilites of creating variations within a single pattern would instantly become huge.

I wrote the same suggestion in the Analog Rytm feature request thread: AR Analog Rytm feature request thread - #1484 by Speldosa

4 Likes

I can’t remember if I said this already but i think I did but I can’t find it unless I went past it lol… but…

I wish we could hold trk and then double tap any of the 1 through 12 triggers / tracks to open up sound browser.

Not sure if I posted this before, but the ability to increase the synth’s Overdrive range per channel, via the track’s setup pages.

I have almost all of my synth patches with overdrive set to 127, that’s for me “normal” :stuck_out_tongue: But I want “brutal”!

9 Likes

I wish it would go up to 128.

2 Likes

I wish it would go up to 128.

:woman_facepalming:

But seriously, more like 255 or 511.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t mind more for some flavor! and different kinds of overdrive or distortion

2 Likes

511 is crazy. I don’t know if human ears can handle that.

what is the bend function?

The ‘bend’ is a tiny curve to adjust how the note pitch behaves, in the analog synth part for instance. It can be set to a rising or falling pitch like a static pitch bender or tweaked — with parameter locks it can be used to make pseudo portamento /glides …

1 Like

When muting and unmuting tracks, I have a hard time seeing which already are muted (even when the LED intensity is at the highest level). The contrast between light green and dark green isn’t big enough for me, so I often have to rely on my memory regarding which tracks that are muted (in conjunction with my vision provising some uncertain information).

I don’t really know how one would go about to solve this. Turning of the lights on the muted tracks would of course work, but I recon that would be confusing when all of them are muted and you go into mute mode (for example, it would then be hard to know whether you’re in the global or the pattern mute mode).

Am I the only one having this problem? I think it’s clear when in performance mode (and muted tracks are faintly red in comparison to fully red on the unmuted tracks) on my Analog Four mkII.

3 Likes

It’s a problem for me and others in here. I suggested this as well somewhere above that they need to do something about it. I vote for making it like digitakt where when you mute, the light goes out!

3 Likes

— The VCO synth needs some proper SQUARE wave and PWM.

The waveforms onboard sounds great but I really miss the tonal character of a basic Rolandesque square wave.

7 Likes

+++ FM+ and SuperWave Machines as it can well handle SID sound I understand

Notes population

2 Likes

I would like to be able to change the default track sound when creating a new pattern.

5 Likes

I really hope for an ARP.

3 Likes