The Syntakt Feature Request Thread

On the chance it was already named, but to put more votes for:

• Kits: (they’re called Kits in Overbridge even and would make things SOOO much easier and yes I am aware of the workaround but it’s that: a workaround)

• Choke Groups: as a drum machine mainly, that as well would make things SOOO much easier and headache free (yes, I am also aware of a workaround, but see the other one for that)

• Free the Cymbal Machine! and make it into just a normal analogue track, coz that would be incredibly useful if you already have some tings & clangs on a digital track. Or, go crazy and have 4 analogue cymbal tracks!

• LFO’s = MOAR! the Novation Peak added them late afaik and it’s a breeze to have 4 of them. Also the MIDI track defo needs more than 1 LFO, as that’s pretty much all you can do on that anyways, so more modulation possibilities there would be great

Mbe more ideas in the future, these are my top 4 atm! And the rest I mentioned earlier like more fx and a compressor, that’s nice on top :slight_smile:

Oh and a minus: I really don’t need a sample player in there, there’s the DT or one of the others already perfectly suited for it. This doesn’t need to be the one synth to rule them all.

5 Likes

New Syntakt owner here:

• Exclude tracks from control all
    -internal polyphony like RK002 polymux
    -basic VA tone machine
    -Compressor
    -Sample player machine
7 Likes

Listen to the perkons algos…damn

2 Likes

I want a damn flam. Trk + trig maybe? :woman_shrugging:

One thing I am thinking about is the base tuning of the DUAL VCO. As it is intended right now it’s suited for bass. Maybe the VCO could be tuned so there is an extended range that would allow the OSC to do more higher register, melodic stuff? Or can you calibrate it somehow to different values?

Yes, with TUNE = 24 ! :content:
Up to note C7.
Seems ok for other sounds than bass.
But…
Syntakt users: How stable/unstable are your Dual VCOs? - #55 by Groundman

2 Likes

Apologies, I haven’t read through this whole thread, but has anybody brought up the idea of adding a little more functionality to the Analog Drive circuit? Personally, I find it a little weird about that page being pretty much empty, with only one parameter.

I’m trying to ignore the feeling that they left out so much so as to not take any shine off Analog Heat.

4 Likes

The GS Syntakt thread seems to think an update is incoming. I wonder if they roll that out tomorrow to address the Drumlogue competition. Any thoughts on what might be imminent?

Adding a basic UW sample machine or user wavetable machine would certainly help match the Korg features better. At $999 for Syntakt, I imagine that this is actually realistic, despite a lot of doubt due to the overlap with Digitakt and Rytm. Digitakt can be found used between $500-$600, Rytm much more, which makes me think ST wouldn’t be cannibalizing, but rather, an upgrade or entry point using parts and IP they already possess for other products.

Slides, an assignable Arpeggiator, and internal polyphony would do a lot to satisfy the monomachine-wanters. More than anything, this is what I want in addition to samples or user wavetables.

Updating Control All to specify which machines to control, adding new modifier functions, allowing CC naming/saving, direct pattern change, and Pattern Chain Save, and KITS would do a lot to build on underdeveloped integral and new functions

LFO keytracking, Master Compressor, new machines (wavetable, polyphonic chord machine addressable with midi keyboard, physical modeling, speech, various FM algos, VA) would all add to the sound possibilities in an exciting way.

6 Likes

Even thou my wishlist is long, I think Elektron is in no hassle and the Drumlogue is no competition at all.

1 Like

I agree about Drumlogue from a quality standpoint , but the price is a chunk lower than Syntakt and it has some key features like sampling and user waves that might be more appealing to someone who isn’t already into Elektron. The logue series has been pretty successful as far as I can see.

3 Likes

agree on the sampling and the user osc. but I don´t think that elektron would even bring one of those

1 Like

What is the GS Syntakt thread?

Gearspace. Someone there said that rumors “on the elektron site” claimed a big update was imminent (lol). Perhaps just a circular rumor.

2 Likes

I don’t usually see Elektron post about future possibilities on their website. They usually wait for release date to announce anything.

1 Like

A Control All for modulations (Mod Wheel, Pitchbend, etc).
Would allow to modulate 4 different parameters precisely per track…
(Possible with midi loopback or external control, all tracks on same channel)

3 Likes

The particularly high Syntakt price point compared to the other digi boxes, potential Drumlogue competition, and the fact that the company-defining MD and MNM had versions of user sample/wave makes me hopeful here. What’s the rationale behind the “there’s no way Syntakt gets a sample machine” sentiment so many here share with so much absolute certainty? I get that they usually don’t have product overlaps, but there’s tons of current overlap, Syntakt really is an overlap by it’s very nature. I think a lot of people try Syntakt and let it go after a while because it can’t sample, and the box sort of appeals to an “all in one” crowd that sampling would round it out for.

Particularly if they update the rytm to bring it’s sampler and mixer up to par with the Digitakt, then there would be no cannibalization as far as i can tell. That would bring some balance to the lineup imo. Rytm can’t have too many inferiorities to a sampling-enabled Syntakt, and especially much lower cost DT. If the sampling on the Rytm was better than on Syntakt, it would have a comfortably wide niche still (in addition to song mode, 8 filters, toms, etc)

3 Likes

Right! I assumed they meant Elektronauts user rumors (which is weird because why would we know anything), which is why i came here looking, and found nothing.

1 Like

Concerning an update, some bug corrections are needed first, I’m confident they worked on it.

I’d rather see a sample based machine, no sampling abilities.

1 Like

rumors from elektronauts Knobcon thread… :laughing:

2 Likes

I see that now. I think i actually believe the rumor. Totally plausible that it would get an update to fix bugs and sell more while it’s still hot, or a needed boost for a new product in a rocky economic time

1 Like