The Syntakt Feature Request Thread

Not sure if I just need more practice, but it would be nice with an option to make the FX track’s mute state follow another track’s mute state. I’ve been using the FX track to “sidechain” the entire FX block to the kick, but if I mute the kick and forget to mute the FX track, there’ll be heavy ducking without any kicks.

But yeah, I’m gonna see if the problem goes away with enough practice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Signed!

1 Like

The digital track filters are “just software” that can be any filter Elektron wants us to have and we are lucky that Elektron decied to give us EQ’s and BW filters there too.

The analog tracks have an actual analog filter component on the PCB, which is “as is”, and probably due to space, complexity and costs they just added 1 filter per analog track.

They could have added digital filters too but that would require extra AD -> DA conversion and then we would loose the “analog warmth” :wink: (this is probably also due to space / costs / compexity).

1 Like

I want to see new machines too however model cycles never received new machines and new machines might as Elektron see it effect Rytm sales.
I hope I’m wrong.

My guess is you get no new major features whilst sales are flowing, once sales drop off that then prompts Elektron to unleash new major features, after all their a business.

1 Like

Lin log env 2022

3 Likes

…repetition makes the hit…

vowel machine…
spelling machine…
arp functionality as part of the modifiers, with a shortcut access to the scales…
neighbour tracks for a new category to choose new machines from…to give birth to an additional insert fx section…
option to copy all soundparametersettings of a pattern to another patter…a cheat kit…
option to exclude some parameters like tunings for example from the control all function…

1 Like

forgive my noobness: what is an UW machine

Syntakt missing glide option

Hi Elektron devs,
I just got the Syntakt and realized there is no glide option, which is something very important and basic for a synth.

It is great to have some drums and a bassline, but a bassline without a glide is debatable to be a bassline.

I own other Elektron gears like the Analog Four and Rytm and we can see on the Four a glide option, so I am thinking that is probably just about software and that the Syntakt is fully capable of doing so.

If is just for marketing, that’s a bad move as the Syntakt is still 1000 euros and some of us are already owners of other machines.

Also if we want to use the Syntakt to sequence another machine without glide option it really feel like something vary basic and important is missing.

Please elektron devs, be nice to us and add something that it should be there with no doubts and finish to make the Syntakt the number 1 machine of the 2020s.

9 Likes

Depends on your genre doesn’t it ? I played a fretted bass guitar for years without feeling the need for glide. Similarly, I never use one on my M:C.

sampling on the maschinedrum uw. But i never had one…

Hey bibenu,

Let’s take the 303 acid style of bassline. I take this because the Syntakt can do very good 303 sounds, so as soon as I made a melody I felt a bit disappointed to see that I cannot do the glides in there. The 303 is very famous for its glides and acid is a lot about portamento, so without it is not really the same. Also if we want to use the syntakt as sequencer for other machines it will feel not as good as most sequencers out there, which is a shame cause Elektron’s gears are famous for their sequencers.

2 Likes

agreed, lets hope they add glide/portamento

Send an email to feature-request@elektron.se

3 Likes

[Syntakt is my first elektron box, so apologies if someone already mentioned this]

• On the trigger page, the A knob sets the note. It would be good if the notes could be selected from a Scale. As someone who is not good with a keyboard/music-theory, this would help to select notes that are in scale
  • Func + Clear should have a confirm message because it clears ALL on a pattern. I have accidentally deleted 2 songs because of a missing confirmation
  • SOLO function. Ability to solo a track
  • arpeggiator
  • presets sorted according to machine
  • a way to see sound levels like on a DJ mixer so I can see if a track is too loud
  • ability to play a track from a certain page. Sometimes, I want to improvise the elements on page 4, I have to listen to page 1-3 beforehand. This takes a lot of time.
5 Likes

Hit Func + Clear again and it’ll UNDO what you just cleared :wink: just try to remember for future times it happens again!

3 Likes

Maybe I’ve misunderstood, but glide isn’t a parameter that you can send over MIDI, you usually just have to send the external synth overlapping notes if it has a slide, glide or auto-portamento option.

For internal machines, to create a 303 type bassline, I think all you really need is for it to slide between notes when those two notes are overlapping. The full parameter slide functionality isn’t really needed.

1 Like

I’d love if they used something similar to the Fade parameter for the Decay parameter on the Synth page. The idea being that up to a certain point, turning the knob has the same results as it does now, but if you continue past that, it actually adjusts the attack instead.

I’m not sure what becomes of the decay, I guess maybe it’d stay at “infinite” and then you’d just adjust the decay on the Amp page.

It’s really on the Dual VCO machine that this would make a major difference, where you could have the different voices fade in at different times.

I’d also really like if they added Key-specific Multiples to the LFO like on the Digitone. That would provide more options for FM-like sounds, which is always a plus.

Being able to select a specific track for the FX track to listen to would also be a nice touch. Maybe as an option on the Trig page, where you can select “none” and it would work as it does now and you can sequence trigs independently, or select a specific track for the FX track to listen to (say Analog 1 or Digital 5), and any trigs on those tracks would in turn trigger the FX track.

Thanks you, wonderful person!

1 Like

Just in case anyone else didn’t figure this out, it’s already possible. You can use the sound manager which is accessible via [FUNC] + [***] (the pattern menu button right of [FUNC]). Once you’re here, you can hit [<] and then select “view pool”. At this point, you can hit [>] and select “save to here” to save into an empty sound pool slot.

This is big news for me, I can now sit and experiment with patches and then save them into the pool for later. Might just be slight variations on sounds for sound locking or just to be able to do some sound design sessions and then just load up the project and have all those patches ready to utilise in an easier way (IMO) than using the +Drive. A little bit like having kits I suppose.

6 Likes

Thanks for that info! Learned something new! :smiley: