The Syntakt Feature Request Thread

OK, interesting. I would love to see an overdrive level param on the noise voice, just like on the RYTM. I think high overdrive on the noise voice allows for so many great sound design possibilities. Not sure if this could be addressed in a future OS update but I would love this feature.

4 Likes

After a few days with Syntakt, there are a few things that I would like to see, and a few omissions which confuse me.

Band-pass or similar filter for all machines would be incredibly useful, particularly for filter-pinging with digital machines or for carving out specific frequency bands per track. I keep looking for it and getting a bit irked when it’s missing.

Chorus, like on the Digitone. Everyone loves chorus.

More pattern options - 128-step/ 8-bar patterns while keeping the 16th-note resolution, reverse/ random pattern playback. I know that previous devices have had 64 steps/ 4 bar patterns and it seems like something that Elektron isn’t likely to budge on, but it’s such a hard limit on composition sometimes. Randomization and forward/reverse/ euclidean modes just open some really cool possibilities for generative, esp with the neighbor conditional trigs.

Conditional trig option that randomizes the parameters of a given machine on that step?

Related, conditional trigs for parameter locks that happen every x repeats (Like, increased reverb on a snare set to 2:2, without needing to fudge it with timing adjustments and eating up 2 trigs). You can technically get around this with pattern chaining, but the absence of kits means that you have to make changes across multiple patterns sometimes and it’s a massive pain.

Slides/ portamento - for acid :slightly_smiling_face: And also, just generally useful.

5 Likes

…another great little thought would be, to finally implement the common midi hardware hack, where u feedback the physical midi out back to the physical midi in, into the os directly…

1 Like

Feeling hopeful about new machines based on the wording of the update notes.

My requests are still largely the same:

1. New machines - hi hat and snare, user wavetable, actual physical modeling, vocal, possibly granular and definitely a short crunchy sample machine
  2. Parameter Slides
  3. Pattern chain save or song mode
  4. Expand the delay modulation abilities to do flanging/chorusing. Perhaps a switch to enable short delay time

I think with any of these changes, the syntakt would largely satisfy wishes to bring back the Old Machines. Already such a killer device though.

8 Likes

Speaking of filters, the ST has many of them, and at times it has tripped me up.
When on an analog track you don’t have the EQ filters like the digital tracks, and vice versa.
Maybe this was a conscious design choice to make them distinctly different, but I do find myself wondering why it isn’t LP/BP/HP first in the list + the base-width filter for all track types. Then the specialized filters would be further down the list (like the double notch, EQ, etc).

Would love to see the base-width added for analog tracks, and the FX track. Big fan of the base-width filter!

3 Likes

+1 for accessibility options (e.g. latching - from this other thread) and personalised colour blindness profiles.

4 Likes

Not sure if I just need more practice, but it would be nice with an option to make the FX track’s mute state follow another track’s mute state. I’ve been using the FX track to “sidechain” the entire FX block to the kick, but if I mute the kick and forget to mute the FX track, there’ll be heavy ducking without any kicks.

But yeah, I’m gonna see if the problem goes away with enough practice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Signed!

1 Like

The digital track filters are “just software” that can be any filter Elektron wants us to have and we are lucky that Elektron decied to give us EQ’s and BW filters there too.

The analog tracks have an actual analog filter component on the PCB, which is “as is”, and probably due to space, complexity and costs they just added 1 filter per analog track.

They could have added digital filters too but that would require extra AD -> DA conversion and then we would loose the “analog warmth” :wink: (this is probably also due to space / costs / compexity).

1 Like

I want to see new machines too however model cycles never received new machines and new machines might as Elektron see it effect Rytm sales.
I hope I’m wrong.

My guess is you get no new major features whilst sales are flowing, once sales drop off that then prompts Elektron to unleash new major features, after all their a business.

1 Like

Lin log env 2022

3 Likes

…repetition makes the hit…

vowel machine…
spelling machine…
arp functionality as part of the modifiers, with a shortcut access to the scales…
neighbour tracks for a new category to choose new machines from…to give birth to an additional insert fx section…
option to copy all soundparametersettings of a pattern to another patter…a cheat kit…
option to exclude some parameters like tunings for example from the control all function…

1 Like

forgive my noobness: what is an UW machine

Syntakt missing glide option

Hi Elektron devs,
I just got the Syntakt and realized there is no glide option, which is something very important and basic for a synth.

It is great to have some drums and a bassline, but a bassline without a glide is debatable to be a bassline.

I own other Elektron gears like the Analog Four and Rytm and we can see on the Four a glide option, so I am thinking that is probably just about software and that the Syntakt is fully capable of doing so.

If is just for marketing, that’s a bad move as the Syntakt is still 1000 euros and some of us are already owners of other machines.

Also if we want to use the Syntakt to sequence another machine without glide option it really feel like something vary basic and important is missing.

Please elektron devs, be nice to us and add something that it should be there with no doubts and finish to make the Syntakt the number 1 machine of the 2020s.

9 Likes

Depends on your genre doesn’t it ? I played a fretted bass guitar for years without feeling the need for glide. Similarly, I never use one on my M:C.

sampling on the maschinedrum uw. But i never had one…

Hey bibenu,

Let’s take the 303 acid style of bassline. I take this because the Syntakt can do very good 303 sounds, so as soon as I made a melody I felt a bit disappointed to see that I cannot do the glides in there. The 303 is very famous for its glides and acid is a lot about portamento, so without it is not really the same. Also if we want to use the syntakt as sequencer for other machines it will feel not as good as most sequencers out there, which is a shame cause Elektron’s gears are famous for their sequencers.

2 Likes

agreed, lets hope they add glide/portamento

Send an email to feature-request@elektron.se

3 Likes

[Syntakt is my first elektron box, so apologies if someone already mentioned this]

• On the trigger page, the A knob sets the note. It would be good if the notes could be selected from a Scale. As someone who is not good with a keyboard/music-theory, this would help to select notes that are in scale
  • Func + Clear should have a confirm message because it clears ALL on a pattern. I have accidentally deleted 2 songs because of a missing confirmation
  • SOLO function. Ability to solo a track
  • arpeggiator
  • presets sorted according to machine
  • a way to see sound levels like on a DJ mixer so I can see if a track is too loud
  • ability to play a track from a certain page. Sometimes, I want to improvise the elements on page 4, I have to listen to page 1-3 beforehand. This takes a lot of time.
5 Likes