The Syntakt Feature Request Thread

It would certainly make the FX track more useful for general sound design. The current need to place FX track trigs where you want the FX filter/amp envelopes to trigger is a little useless when you want to play the trigs live, because it doesnā€™t trigger them. I hope to see improvements on that for all the finger drummers.

3 Likes

Just master compressor, pls.
But it will not happen . Anal heat +fx already has it.

I actually disagree, the punch parameter is just a hold over from the model cycles. I think adding the master compressor of the digitakt wouldnā€™t cannabalize sales of the heat much since I donā€™t think anyone is buying it for the compressor but not the rest. Also I would be surprised if the analog tracks donā€™t go through an A to D converter before going to the output, if only for the mixing. They are definitely all being converted to digital individually for overbridge and to send to the effects.

EDIT: though I definitely could see them not wanting to add envelope following to avoid stepping on the heatā€™s toes.

1 Like

Good perspective to hear, I hope youā€™re right. I do get a lot of use out of punch for snares and some other voices. Would love to see both a compressor and the bit/srr pre and post filter settings like we see on the digitakt, just worry that their design philosophy would avoid making ā€œredundantā€ the Punch parameter and Bits/Clap machines in some situations.

1 Like
  • midi-send like AF: i want to send my syntakt-composition to full featured elktrons (or other studio-synths) easily and still have syntakt sounds for orientation
  • pay attention to chord-machine wrt previous wish: send all midi notes from chord, not just root
  • make trigger notes for tracks configurable: in the studio i can trigger AR then from syntakt drum composition

that would make syntakt perfect standalone track writing machine for me. only one box to carry around for composition. rigth now i can switch tracks to midi-machine but then i loose syntakt soundsā€¦ unluckily

1 Like

Constrain the available chords for a given note inside a scale :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I wish there was a built in tuner somewhere, that would help when adjusting the tune/harmonics/timber/etc. so you can tune it to C, then later when you program notes you know itā€™s correctly transposed more or less

2 Likes

Tracks trigging to be able to mix tracks between patterns like on the octatrack.

It would be cool if the Modifiers could be used to switch between patterns. There would be a setting for quantization, so you could change pattern on beat, like clip launching in Ableton. Chopping up patterns like this would be so fun.

3 Likes

Requests for those of us performing live while sequencing other gear.

1. Would really like more than 100 rows in song mode. Its fine for sequencing songs but for putting together live sets Iā€™m running out of rows pretty fast. Maybe a per project setting that gets rid of the multiple songs for one giant one, or let us use a row to cue up a new song.

2. Let me send midi CC with the trig modifiers. Yes you can kind of do this Mod a or b set to lfo depth on the midi track, but it crashes my syntakt and doesnt really work properly anyway. Would be better to just be able to set it directly to one of the 8 ccs.

3. Midi Presets - I use the midi sequencing a lot and it would save a lot of time if i could save and recall my settings in the midi track rather constantly needing to check midi charts in gear manuals. Also opens up more possibilities for live sequencing if I can load something up and start tweaking.

4. Building on the concept of midi presets what about having specialized midi machines for other Elektron gear and maybe even 3rd party stuff. The obvious candidate being the Analog Heat +fx. It would be like a normal midi track except instead of a midi cc selection it could let you scroll through a list of parameters on the heat and enable easy access to the nrpn stuff. Could literally just be a text file template you edit and then load to the device.

5 Likes

I canā€™t tell if this is a bug or not, but it would be really nice to be able to record into the sequencer with legato turned on. Right now you can play live with legato, but as soon as you record something, the last note will truncate the sound instead of gliding back into whatever note was held first even though the initial note is recorded as being held for the correct amount of time.

Is it feasible to use a looper to ā€œbridgeā€ from one project to another?

I really want sample playback engine! No big amount of memory needed. I understand that conceptually and due to a design there might not be possibility to add sample playback at all and I was very surprised that Arturia added sample playback to Mikrofreak and I hope there is a way to do the same to Syntakt - I miss voice samples and some effects that you can add to your music. In case of adding sample playback to Syntakt there is a possibility to limit the amount of tracks that can use sample playback machine. Say only first or the last digital track can have an access to sample playback machine - this way you can limit competition between Syntakt and Digitakt. Or reduce sample rate that can be used. Please do something - Syntakt was not cheap!

6 Likes

Sequenceable ctrl machines. I just got a machinedrum, and this is my favorite feature. I know itā€™s overused, but random trig locks on a control all machine paired with kit resetā€¦ fire. Iā€™d love to see that on the Syntakt.

4 Likes

Can we please get a macro control page! It would be nice to have page that would allow you to route to the 8 knobs up to like 4 different parameters +/- to any part of the syntakt. This would make it way more customizable and seamless for live performance instead of just making a mess off everything with control all. It would also be nice to disable particular settings from being effected by controll all.

This would also pair well with more FX! The effects page is bleak and incredibly weakā€¦ Not gona lie. It would be nice to see chorus/phaser/flanger, independent delays, spacializers, bit redux, etc. Its hard to get a clean mix sometimes with more creative sound design when you get muddied bass frequencies. Independent EQā€™s for each mix channel would be nice.

8 Likes

I hope Elektron sees this. Both great additions.

A4 and Digi Boxes have the same reverb?

2 Likes

Improved wavetable for the chord machine to include buzzy saw and square. This machine lacks brightness.

Chorus/Flange/Phase

Improved reverb algorithm

All (or most) fx parameters modulatable by LFO

Master bus compressor

2nd filter for analog machines

Arpeggiator

Generally more extremes in synth parameters

Low Pass Gate

8 Likes

ā€¦ wavefolders everywhere ā€¦ Edit: Well at least on stuff that is able to put out more than one pitch (like Sy Bits).

4 Likes

Iā€™d love to see,

1, A useable hi hat machine (if the Volca Beats can do it surely it can be done on the ST)

2, Better options for the modifier buttons. It would be amazing if they could be used as additional fill trigs for example. Or even better, if you could mangle a pattern to death and save all the configuration settings to one of the modifier buttons.

3, Polyphony (even if it means sacrificing tracks).

4, Arp like on the Digitone

5, Copy and paste banks

6, Group patterns, kind of like kits but only affects what patterns you choose. Example;- Assign pattern B11 and B12 to a pattern group, now every time you modify a track on B11, the same settings will also be assigned to that respective track on B12.

5 Likes