The project seems corrupted and perhaps the unit is broken

Hello all,
I have two problems here. The first is understanding if my Digitone is broken and needs a warranty repair, the second is finding a way to fix what seems a corrupt project.
I was composing a sequence, I liked it a lot, I muted another track, I unmuted it and… the first track is silent. Of course I checked all the trig speeds, audio volume etc etc, but it simply wouldn’t play, even though the trigs appeared all red. The project had already been saved, so I decided to turn the Digitone off and then back on. The display stayed frozen (without showing the classic animation) with the 1.41 lit, indicating the firmware. I had to shut it off again. Fortunately at the second attempt it booted correctly however the project simply won’t play. Older projects are played normally.
Although it is just two tracks, I had programmed a lot of locks.
I have tried copying the track onto another one… and the new track stays silent as well.
Anybody can help?CAPODANNO2.dnprj (3.8 KB)

For the moment, I am doing a “manual” recovery: pencil and paper, reading all the trigs on the display, and rewriting on a new project! Absurdly, all the trigs are there… but they are mute!

I only use track mutes. Sometimes when I mistakenly activate a global mute, I have trouble remembering how to get back to the normal state. Could this be the problem?

Also, if you turned it off then turned it on quickly, that could have been the reason it didn’t restart correctly. Because of the capacitor (or something, duh), you’re supposed to keep it off for ~30 seconds before turning it back on.

Regarding all the trig locks, I once had a project that got corrupted, and I wondered if the excessive number of trig locks had anything to do with it.

Good news, however. You may be able to restore the project by: 1. Doing a sysex backup of the pattern on your computer, 2. Deleting/initializing the pattern slot on the Digitone, and 3. Reinstalling the sysex from the computer. This worked for me. I concluded that the project itself wasn’t corrupted; rather, the Digitone was mis-addressing the information or something. Give it a try.

hello again and thanks for the advice.
Apparently I was not aware of the difference between global and pattern mute. It looks like unintentionally I used a double-tap one. So one problem is solved, thanks.
In the meanwhile, I had written to Thomann (I’d purchased the Digitone there), described my problem, and they offered a warranty repair. They are always very kind.
However, sending it off for repair if there is no need for it is not good for me or them, so I would like your opinion: is it faulty? Of course the issue with the project that did not play is solved, but I had that other glitch at the boot.

Mine gets hung up on boot now and again. Power cycle seems to fix that. I, personally, would t send mine in for that.

1 Like

Thanks for your experience. What do you mean with “power cycle”? Just turning it off and then on (not too soon), or something else?

Exactly.