The place to brag about your unexpected bandcamp sales

So, you just received a bandcamp sales notification off your obscure but awesome project that never got a lot of attention because you suck at marketing, and you want to share the joy ? This is the place.

7 Likes

And I’ll start , because it just happened now. It was very unexpected because the album was out in 2015, the band is actually “on a break” because … Life.
And it’s from a French power pop punk band , sung in French.
So a niche inside a niche inside a niche etc.
And it’s a physical sales, some people still listen to CD’s :dizzy_face:
We NEVER sold any CDs on bandcamp before, so it’s amazing. Obviously it’s not about the money, but the fact that someone liked our wankers music enough to spend 5 hard earned € makes me feel happy.

Here’s the link too :

12 Likes

I can see why they would buy! Just listened to adopte un punk & père mittent and they’re both great. Added the album to my list of upcoming Bandcamp purchases

3 Likes

Wow man awesome , thank you very much !

I’ve made $60 in all times sales and I’m just baffled, honored and humbled… especially since I would be more then happy if people just chose to download my music for free.

8 Likes

60 is good considering how people consume music now !

1 Like

yeah, i’m somewhere around the £40 mark at the moment and find it odd that anyone would pay money for this stuff! one of my tracks turned up in someone’s online DJ mix last month and that made my year. i’ve never heard my music in the mix before!

6 Likes

Congrats! That’s my dream goal!

@pumpkin_head

That track is lovely.

2 Likes

Thank you very much !

Woohoo! I made my first Bandcamp sale today :partying_face:… I guess that’s going to kill my no beer new week resolution. Thanks to Daveseejay, whoever you are.

6 Likes

Yay ! Congratulations ! Feel free to post it here too !

1 Like

Congrats on the sale.
You may want to think about blanking out other peoples details such as their email address though…

1 Like

I’ve made enough money (and given it away to charity) this year that I’ve got an email from Bandcamp demanding that I give all my details to the US tax authorities.

Fuck that.

But also, I’m basically famous now.

But also, fuck that.

8 Likes

All the sales on my Bandcamp have been surprise sales. Love every new Cha-ching notification on my phone :partying_face:

Basically living the dream. Making music, and getting paid. Its never gonna pay the rent, but it lets me buy more tunes off bandcamp.

6 Likes

Thanks. screenshot amended.

You guys get money making music! That’s awesome!!

6 Likes

They just want in on that sweet cheridee action

3 Likes

Huge shout out to that Russian girl who purchased my whole discography a few years ago for $70 :heart:

Total sales 75$

4 Likes