The new "very different" Elektron wild speculation thread

…wait a second…very different?..maybe they switch from ear candee to eye candee and come up with some videosynthworkstation…or they get lame, watch the market stats and come up with some podcast all in one production machine…or turn their back on hardware and start out soft…

OP (ie, the one I quoted) said hardware device. So it’s definitely not pure software. Though it could control software, of course

Elektron are working on a way to more easily block pointless threads when browsing on iOS using chrome.

No more scrolling and button pressing … just a quick swipe left and hitting the mute icon would be fantastic.
I guarantee it would become the most use gesture in iOS / thread history.

3 Likes

It’s a new product in the *takt line, but with a yet another color body and display.

If we’re discussing it for funses-

P-Lock and modulation-heavy video synthesizer emulating old analog circuits, the MonoMachine of 1968-1990 Video Synth Video Share Circle - #37 - Forum - LZX Community with an emphasis on sound-reactivity.

Perhaps with some additional algos from https://lumen-app.com :wink:

5 Likes

Playing cards. Like Pokémon but for synth stats.

2 Likes

Those feature suggestions would be taken at https://meta.discourse.org/ instead.

I heard they’re collaborating with Autechre and Aphex on this one. Data bending is the name of the game. Feed it a meme and it spits out all manner of fucked up sounds. Like Dall•E but for noises and weird frequencies.

7 Likes

Could be anything. A toaster or earthenware perhaps?

1 Like

Physical modeling espresso machine.

Ok that was wild enough. Realistically, if not a mixer… monitors or headphones?
Personally I would love to see a take on granular synthesis in a Digi-format box.

2 Likes

Video.

4 Likes

A Eurorack sequencer in the Elektron style.

Followed by the sampler core of the Octatrack in Eurorack.

Anyone wanting either of these, you can order them through me.

2 Likes

Anyone want some toast?

(From Red Dwarf)

4 Likes

13 Likes

The new Elektron kompact line, volca sized (half digi format)

• minitakt: 4-voices performance sampler
  • minitone: 2-parts/4-voices FM synth
  • analog two: 2-parts/voices analog synth
  • minirythm: 4 digital drum voices
  • quadratrack: 4 tracks performance mixer with effects

Each with:

• elektron sequencer of course
  • 128 patterns (no projects)
  • delay/reverb send
  • 3.5mm midi in/out
  • 3.5mm stereo audio in/out
  • usb-c (audio/midi class compliant, overbridge)
  • battery powered
  • 200$
4 Likes

Current Elektron sequencer is loosing to the competition because it is limited by outdated hardware and firmware design. You can only do so much to show sequencer status with a couple of blinking colors and a 20-year old UI on a tiny display. Imagine the features you would like to be added to the sequencer and then try to cram them into the one of the current devices. I guess you would be overwhelmed and the workflow would feel clunky and confusing.

You can solve this with either expanded hardware controls (Hapax) or bigger display with touch (Blackbox, Electra One). Since Elektron devices cater to live performances I would guess it would lean more on hardware controls.

Then there is the question of what sounds it will produce. I don’t think they will reuse machines of existing devices since the DSP should be more powerful. If they nail hardware design, usability and low-level firmware I can see them creating a platform with swappable engines which will be sold separately. They will start with the couple of them and release new ones with time. If not, then we will see specialized synths and samplers with iteration on hardware.

With the marketing around Syntakt signaling the end of the chapter for Elektron I expect them to hunker down for a few years, keep relatable by releasing updates for existing devices and maybe doing a one shot crazy esoteric thingy they came up with during internal friday evening booze-driven hackathon.

Lol a Modal battery handle that doesn’t need to be recalled

4 Likes

Sandwich Toaster

1 Like

19 Likes

Elektron should really just ruin Circklon with their superior manufacturing and distribution setup

4 Likes