The new "very different" Elektron wild speculation thread

I wouldn’t say no to the hardware getting a kick up the backside in terms of more I/O, more ram, new effects etc but I really think that the UI is bang on. I’ve used a few elektron boxes and a million others and frankly I truly think elektron is the best design on the market today. It’s the right mix of not fixing what isn’t broken but maintaining modernity. Their boxes are gorgeous. It’s a matter of taste of course but they look so good and the layouts just make sense. The last thing they need imo is a flashy corporate revamp. The only aesthetic competitor for me is teenage engineering but we all know their problems (not to divert the conversation). Elektron looks good and has the power behind it

1 Like

I was going to suggest teledildonics, but you’re thinking next level

4 Likes

Okay…now hear me out…

6 Likes

I could tell you, but that would be spoiling the surprise.

3 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I’m just kidding, tho.

Really. Read into what was quoted in the quoted post

Does anything stand out?

Thats right. You found it

I think its a mixer

13 Likes

Physical modeling of something other than drums? Maybe wavetables? But that doesn’t feel far enough from the M:C. I’ve thought they would do an updated FX box for years (and been wrong for years).

I’ve got it. Mixer!

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone’s saying there can’t be bigger and friendlier UIs, at least. But I’m fine with necessarily limiting options and features into something that doesn’t try to do and be everything that a dedicated sequencer would need to offer outside of the Elektron ecosystem.

Of course it’s useful for their devices to also sequence other devices, but I want the sequencer to be tuned to the internal sample playback / tone engine over all else.

Octactrack owners will be pleased

Ah, the DigiPLUR.

6 Likes

Nothing to do with the Octatrack.

The whole universe has something to do with the Octatrack.

5 Likes

I do have an original “Trance Vibrator” in storage along with sealed copies of Rez.

4 Likes
How different will the product be?
  • Very

0 voters

5 Likes

Not a mixer, until it is.

1 Like

Battery handle for ST

4 Likes

Jesus Christ that thing would be in flames before it even got delivered

7 Likes

Midi Controller

1 Like

But… but the meme.

1 Like

Ive said it before and I’ll say it again, i would be so stoked on a VA trance machine

1 Like

Just when I thought that Trance was dead…

its gonna be a quadtrack in the takt format :rofl: