The new "very different" Elektron wild speculation thread

I have and enjoy the 1010music BlackBox sampler from a few months after its introduction through to today. One of half dozen or so physical samplers in addition to my many samplers in multiple software platforms.

My two word review of the 1010 device is - it’s ok.

I’ve always wished they would make a 50+ count, high quality FX device with sends/returns and the like, in the svelte and smoll platform.

Having a mega FX, midi marvellous, mega tweaking, FX sequencing, analog/digital/ethereal dedicated, Elektron effects unit with future proof effects, downloadable algorithms and all the same build quality and klick-klak comfort we expect from an Elektron device would be berry, berry noice.

Berry, berry noice indeed.

2 Likes

About speculation threads:
изображение

6 Likes

Bontenpitakt

2 Likes

It would be nice. Main reason for my speculation above is that Freqtube device thing announced earlier this year that has four tube circuits and is accessed via a plugin.

If we want to speculate (i.e., dream) on what 1010 might do, I’d take a Blackbox x4. 4x the pads, 4x the number of sequences, 4x the size, 4x processing power and polyphony, 4x the fx types, 4x the audio inputs, 4x the knobs and buttons… 4x everything basically (for only double the price :joy: ). I don’t have an issue with its current size or capability, I just want more.

I’m speculating on what Elektron could do, not 1010. 1010 have dropped the ball on the potential of the BlackBox. It could be a smoll, potent sampler/groovebox but was put on the back burner because of the Xmas tree ornaments that are the granular/wave table synth boxes.

I believe Elektron could make a 100+ FX routing masterpiece with the quality of talented programmers and physical hardware designers they have. Could put a couple dozen boutique pedal manufacturers out of business if they tried real hard.

Microcosm who? Big Sky what? An all in one, future proof, external gear friendly FX hub to rule them all?

Take. My. Money. Twice.

2 Likes

Poly Beebo?

Personally, I would prefer to have a hundred pedals that only do one thing (or two).

1 Like

You already have that ability.

Why stop at a hundred pedals? and all the cables, assuming you want midi sync all 100+ have midi and stereo, with the 100+ stereo and midi cables, and 100+ power warts, why not TWO hundred+ boutique pedals? 200-500$ each? What’s 100x 200-600$?

20,000-60,000+$?

I’d rather have 200+ FX, in one quality unit made by beloved Elektron or someone else, future proofed through programming, 1 wall wart, 1 midi/thru connection, 1 unit on my already clogged desk-maybe you have 10 desks in your studio, plenty of space, more power to you!!! You go Dude!

I want an Elektron unit, 200+ quality FX’s, no need for 100+ stereo cables/midi cables/wall warts. Maybe you don’t? I support you. You can do that now. Nothings stopping you, other than $20,000~ investment plus cables and wall warts.

And a SOLID power system.

How effective will you be with that 100+ pedal board, playing and tweaking a hundred different pedals? I’d love to see that video! Make me up my game for sure!!

5 Likes

A programmable babysitter to watch my kids so I have time to use my other elektron gear

20 Likes

Still slowly coming to the realization that I can only own so many things and not be overwhelmed when I want to record.

I wouldn’t complain if Elektron made a sequencer-playable DP/4-style multiFX with smooth-to-dirty algorithms from Ess,

I know individual effects can be much better, I certainly tried but can’t feel comfortable with a hundred!

1 Like

I’d love an Elektron fx box. Add recording to it and that would be even sweeter.

2 Likes

How about looping, MIDI sequencing, and sampling?

Here you go

Just need to gather up some folks for when you need those manual lfos

If elektron did an h9 style box but with actual hands on performance controls, at least a gang of encoders. Maybe with assignable macros/ ot style fader. Also with simultaneous fx stacking/ parallel splitting routing options etc, and had a sequencer with p locking and probability and lfos & envs, maybe some envelope followers, and generous i/o and so on
… I would not be disappointed

Of course this seems far fetched and would be very expensive as well, but sure why not- like an OT that dosent sample and specializes in fx to shake things up in the way that octa did for sampling or MD did for the drummachine, we can dream

2 Likes

Euro rack?

1 Like

wavetable synth

Well it sounds like they are heading in the right direction at least :stuck_out_tongue:.

“Not a mixer”. i.e. definitely a Mixer with a step sequencer built in, so you can control the mixer over time. And song mode. Mixitakt

3 Likes

I’ve requested this before and I’ll request it again: for me, the beauty of the Elektron workflow is that it takes you to places you wouldn’t have thought of. Sure, there’s some meticulous programming to get off the ground, but once you’re going, things like ctrl+all and the p-locks can quickly transform a bland idea into a unique one.

For me, that’s an AMAZING creative inspiration.

The big, big problem with Elektron? NONE of their devices are truly portable. Imagine something like the DT/DN or M:S but shrunk down just a tiny bit more and with a built-in battery and usb-c power. Add Bluetooth low-latency audio as well for truly cordless jamming and you just built the perfect creative inspiration instrument for any electronic musician.

Of course, keep the proper audio outs so you can still record your jams into the DAW or studio rig, but, crucially, DON’T make this yet another device made FOR the live rig. Rather, make this a truly standalone creative instrument, Elektron style.

Honestly, the M:S/M:C is nearly the ideal form factor. Just make it a bit less crippled (throw in proper envelopes, more LFOs, more magic, a synth engine, no silly mono sample limitations) and add a battery and USB power. Done.

6 Likes

bluetooth speaker with a elektron sequencer

1 Like

Smh terrible
Elektron will go out of business if they don’t make a new flagship device