The Joy of Mutation

Just want to say a big thankyou to Avantronica. Lamai and the Elektronauts website in general for the Mute feature on the end of a thread from Normal.

Its something i haven’t bothered with till the Digitakt 2. As i suffer paralysing Gas really bad. That it consumes my thoughts day and night i didnt realize its impact on daily living. Laughing it off so to speak. But the Mute function is a godsend. I now can still participate in the group without the Gas effect. Should have done this ages ago especially when new gear gets released.

Merci Beaucoup :slight_smile:

6 Likes

It’s Discourse developers who you need to applaud there, I thought Lamai was in Kajagoogoo, no?! :wink:

6 Likes

Thankyou Discourse developers for the feature. It shows you care.

Yes he was the shy one yes?

1 Like

I also love the Mute feature! It can be used to mute entire categories as well. See the option in the top right corner:

3 Likes

5 Likes

I use MUTE all the time. Probably 95% of the new threads started, i put into mute immediately. Cuts the E’naut clutter tremendously. I just wish i could set things so all new threads came up for me already muted, so i could just occasionally check and move a thread or two back to normal. But i can deal with it fine as it is.

Strange how many times people bother to start a thread, and then immediately delete their post (?). And how frequently people start a thread, when there is an active old thread. I do appreciate all the work moderators do shuffling around threads when this happens.

Muting categories is super useful too, bye-bye for-sale posts, unless i want to see them.

9 Likes

Yeah i recently learned Mute and it’s amazing.

100% this!

One feature I’d request from the website version is that when I click on a thread I wish it showed the first entry on top too.

3 Likes

YES!!! Reverse chronological order would be wonderful. And soooo much less scrolling.

While I do understand users are meant to read the thread before posting, the reality is that most of them don’t bother/don’t care.

3 Likes

Fellow mutant here. Essential feature. A non-tailored ‘nauts is a wild and silly place.

2 Likes

I appreciate that feature a ton too. Now, I mute this thread.

1 Like

Can we change the title from mutation to muting? It’s really bugging me now as I keep thinking I’m going to find some cool genetic stuff in here…

3 Likes

Just mute it!

4 Likes

…and i had no idea…

A general rule should be : Always keep thread titles, plain, descriptive, and concise.

Your leading post should be fun, and still descriptive, hopefully with a picture or video if it pertains. It’s fine to be a little creative in a first post. Also clearly delineate what will be on and off topic.

This goes along with thread “mutation”, in that you can then see a title and know quickly if it is a thread worth spending time on, or is probably a “mute”.

But mutation means something else?

1 Like

2 Likes

Yeah, my first thought it was for things like using Mutants on the Hydrasynth.

3 Likes

I was excited what kind of sound mutation would happen in this thread!

4 Likes

smashed the thread link hoping to find someone talking about muh dawg