The GrandMa of A4

Hello boys… I present you the grandma of A4: E-mu Command Station. Say hello to the granny babies!! Have you had never one of these?

7 Likes

Not in the slightest?

I have a Purple People Eater

4 Likes

Really… perhaps an A4…

Again; not in the slightest.

Do you have questions on the units?

5 Likes

More akin to elektribes or yamaha RS7000 than elektrons really

2 Likes

it was a joke actually, even if we can call it a distant ancestor of an elektron. It doesn’t have to be the same. multitrack, synth, chromatic keyboard … even my grandmother was not identical to me …

Tks bro but i have had all the elektron machines. I know his nature.

1 Like

I can see the lineage in thinking. I had an XL7 back in the day before I briefly moved to logic then went back to hardware in the form of an mv8000. They are awesome machines.

1 Like

I remember them well. That means, that I am an old fart.
The colors were ahem not well chosen by Emu. I went with the Yamaha RS7000 instead.

We mail bombed Yamaha to include a realtime mode that you can seamlessly switch between step recording and play mode. After two years they finally implemented this. Sorta. Plus a few more filter models. A year later I sold it and started drooling over the Machinedrum, that was able to switch between recording/play mode without stopping the sequencer at all! Take this, Rolandyamaha!
The Korg Electribes came along that time too, but the sound got quickly on my nerves.

3 Likes
1 Like

Yeah man! The elctribes would have been awesome were it not for that… electribness that you cant escape. I briefly lusted after the RS7000 before I found out about elektron.

Never had a Emu, they look like they might be fun? Cheesy as hell though.
The RS7000 is a mighty box of you can be bothered putting the work in. Like anything I spose.

1 Like

More grooveboxes should have a lamp socket on the front panel.

7 Likes

…emu…was for me…all their great romplers…like protheus and mo phat…

in fact, this damned protheus was the most expensive rack unit gadget i’ve ever bought…
was more than 3 grant !!! back in the days…the expanded plus version…my first virtual orchestra mocking machine…my first 16 times multitimbral midi device…

when it came to samplers, i was more the akai guy…and then, pretty soonish an mpc head for years to come…my goodness…i’m old…goys and birls…and grandmas…

1 Like

And UV / black light lettering?

4 Likes

I had the XL-7. Lots of menu diving but a shitton of synthesis potential, all those filter types plus expandable waveform boards (quite expensive these days…)

Blush Response recently did a great tutorial on how to mess them up in a techno/noise context.

2 Likes