The Elektron machines you have owned - rank them!

Couldn’t agree more!

1 Like

Ha! I kind of want an Octatrack again :clown_face:

This was easy

OT
AR
A4
DN

1 Like

I upgraded to @sezare56 mk2. So worth it

4 Likes

Beware, OS is still in beta version. Some bugs may occur. I hope it will be fully functional in 2020! :pl:

5 Likes

Nice topic :slight_smile:

1. DN, cause its a very portable audio interface/midi controller/skiff controller/fm synth.
  2. OTmk1, cause it makes a gig less boring to play, and makes people think your a wizard.
  3. ARmk1, auto-creates techno tunes every time i turn it on. Forever debating to sell or not.
  4. A4mk1, didnt gel. (sold)
3 Likes

1: Monomachine
2: OT mk1
3: Machinedrum UWmk2

2 Likes

I hear the UI is very different

1. MD - Modern classic
  2. A4
  3. DN
  4. OT
  5. AR
  6. AH

I think I like the boxes with modular infrastructures. I think the MD is the greatest piece of kit I own. The A4 (mk1) although not as flashy, has been used in more of my songs then the other ones.

3 Likes

more dedicated buttons. No songmode though…

1 Like

gigs are boring to you if you don’t use an octatrack?

The way i used to play was at least :slight_smile:
Push play on live, wiggle midi controller.

MDUW
OT mk1
MnM (this will probably change when i get a handle on it)
MD
A4

1 Like

Too noisy and too hard to find :grimacing:

1 Like

It’s a tie for the top spot.

DT/OT
DN
AR
AH

2 Likes

MDuw mk2+ With Megacommand… makes the MD lack for nothing
OT mk1… best concept elektron have released ever
MDuw mk2… by itself still a beast.
MM… love digital synths, and this is up there with the best of them
AH… so useful on anything
A4 mk1… it’s finally growing on me after 4 years ownership
AR mk1… good, but not 100% happy with the sound character
Digitakt… sounded better than. AR, but bit limited

Haven’t owned model sample, digit one or mk2 analogs.

4 Likes
  1. OT mkI
  2. DT
  3. DN
  4. Heat mkI
  5. Rytm mkI
  6. Analog Drive
  7. Overhub

*honorary nod to PL-2/PL-2s and the clothy usb cables.

2 Likes

i have a Sp404sx and i’m thinking to sell it, to be able to afford an OT. Should I? :smiley: I know, the OT is far more capable than the SP but i thought that maybe the (positive) simplicity of the SP makes it a tough choice? Or is it a simple one?

1. Digitone : very versatile , drum synthesis compliments my Rytm and makes me feel
    Like I have a machinedrum when combined.
  2. Octatrack mkii : replaces ableton midi for me and love running my rytm and digitone audio in and doing sweet FX combos!
  3. Rytm mki : my first elektron ! Got it when my friend suggested a machinedrum because I thought it was a upgraded machinedrum and wanted an analog drum machine like a 909 or 808 , not really a machinedrum but hey it does the job ! Love syncing it to my chiptune hardware ! Definantly my goto for drum synthesis and rhythms It just Glues everything together when used right , I run the BD into its own channel on the OT And the other percussion into another channel to get a very pronounced kick drum and gives me a couple of FX tracks on the OT to add distortion or a plate reverb.
    I don’t think I’ll give these guys up tho sometimes I wonder what if I went modular instead of elektron ?! Oh well money well spent !!!
  1. OTmk2
  2. DN
  3. A4mk2
  4. MDUWmk2

This is wonky, and really just what I’ve been vibing with recently. I love the immediacy of the DN, and really loving having the A4 back. Unfortunately I just haven’t spent enough time with the MD.

Edit: I almost didn’t rank the OT first, I’ve really enjoyed playing with the Digitone recently, and even briefly considered a Digitakt since the simpler workflow was really fun.

I’ve really acquired all of my Elektron gear in the last 6 months through selling gear or trades, and after initially loving the OT I spent a lot of time with the other pieces to get to know them.

I just spent a good 2 hours with the OT and holy crap… there’s just nothing like it. The crazy shit it can do is beyond anything else Imve ever had or used.

1 Like