The Elektron machines you have owned - rank them!

1. Analog Keys
  2. Digitone
  3. Digitakt

Those are the top 3, the ones I still have in my possession, then it gets harder.

1. Octatrack (The one I quite often think about buying back)
  2. Digitone Keys (Been dreaming about one lately)
  3. MonoMachine (Don’t want it back but it’s a beauty)
  4. MachineDrum (Don’t want it back but it’s a beauty)
  5. Analog Heat (Never had one, always wanted one. I bet it’s great.)
  6. Analog Four (It’s great but it’s clearly inferior to AK)
  7. Analog Rytm (Never gelled with this one. The pads are tiny and I just didn’t fancy it. That’s why I swapped it for an OP-1 eventually)
  8. Analog Drive (Had one, wanted to love it but it’s mono.)
  9. Model Samples (The only way I’ll ever end up owning one is if I find it in a thrift store for 40€)

edit: Oops, I read the thread title again and realized that you’re supposed to list only the ones you’ve had in your possession. Oh well…

Octatrack mkII: recent purchase, after years of lusting after it. Still learning my way around, but think it’s already my favourite.
Machinedrum UW+ mkII: awesome, but I’m a sampler addict and the UW is limited compared to the OT (edit: limited as a sampler - obviously it has its own strengths!)
Machinedrum mkI: loved it, but sold to upgrade to the UW mkII, because sampler.
TM-1: useless to me, can’t sample.

The protective lids are useful, and I also like the ecc-2 and ecc-3 carry cases. Sadly I don’t have space to keep everything out so keeping them safe while packed away is useful.

1. Analog heat
  2. Digitakt
  3. Rytm
  4. Octatrack
  5. Analog four

…ha…that’s another good one…can’t catch up with that, i guess… ur just right…
let’s stay alive and groove along…

Love all my elektrons… but anyway…

1. Machinedrum 1. Digitakt 1. Analog Four 1. Digitone

Sorry, all of them are number 1 for me :slight_smile:

2 Likes
  • OT and A4
  • AH

• DN
  • MM
  • AR
  • DT

everything below the line is how i imagine they’d have turned out to be like if i played them

What problems are you experiencing with the MD and MM? I’m hoping my MD stays in good health for many years to come.

Yeah just don’t be Jive Talkin’ like that! :grimacing:

2 Likes

I’m mostly just fearful of … entropy. These instruments are out of production and out of warranty.

3 Likes

Here’s my rankings:

#1 Digitone
#2 Digitakt
#3 Octatrack
#4 Analog Heat

Happy Holidays! :christmas_tree:

3 Likes

From most favorite/utilized to least

Analog Rytm MK2
Digitone Keys
Analog Rytm MK1
Monomachine Keyboard
Monomachine MK2
Digitone
Octatrack MK2
Machinedrum SDS-1 MK2 UW+
Octatrack MK1
Analog Heat MK1
Analog Keys

2 Likes

1 Analog Keys
2 Analog four MK 1
3 MDUW
4 Analog Rytm MK 1
5 Octatrack Mk 1
5 Analog Heat Mk 1
6 MNM

MNM would be the first to be sold.

4 Likes

1 Monomachine +drive
2 Octatrack mk2
3 Digitone
4 Analog 4 mk2
5 Digitakt

1 = love it, it’s one of my fav ever, searched really long for one, and enjoy it really. use it only solo
2 = love it too, centerpiece of nearly every setup. midi = bad, but theres the deluge for it
3 = no kits = bad, midi = bad, sold it - deluge & preenfm2 does it for me. sometimes i miss it, but no.
4 = too big, didn’t connect to it really well, sold it
5 = no kits = bad, midi = bad, sold it - deluge or tr-8s does it for me - well you can’t compare tr-8s really with digitakt, but how I used it they do (drummachine)

2 Likes
  1. OT mk1 - I know about 1/100th of what @sezare56 knows about it but it will never leave my studio
  2. AK - just so powerful and as the world gets colder, its sound gets more applicable :wink:
  3. MnM SFX-6 - really liked this one but unfortunately sold it 10 years ago
  4. AH - yep, this is adding both craziness and sweetness to my poor tones
  5. Machinedrum UW - I really loved what it did to samples, just fantastic (missing it :frowning: )
  6. AR mk1 - been on the transfer market a few times but since DVCO came, it’s in a safer spot
  7. Overhub - gets the job done
  8. AD - didn’t get the job done (for me)
3 Likes
  1. Digitone Keys - great live synth, great sound, inspiring interface. This has a lot of the cool tricks, playability and stuff going on for me as the A4 mk2, but the 8 voices and attached keyboard just nudges it into first place.
  2. A4 mk2 (sold) - amazing interface which made it an amazing live synth. I tried the A4 mk1 and didn’t gell with it. The interface on the mk2 worked so much better for me - didn’t realise how much of a difference the larger panel would make. Using it in 4 voice unison mode with different sounds on each track cutting each other off just sounded epic. An Analog8 Keys (with the larger mk2 interface) would be the ultimate performance machine for me and would go straight to first place! Really tempted to try the original Analog Keys, but then I already have my hands full with the Digitakt and Digitone Keys. Don’t really need any more than those two but, you know, gas.
  3. Machinedrum (sold) - my first Elektron experience. Woke me up to a new way of sculpting sound.
  4. Digitakt - a MD sequel for me, and better in many ways. Should be no. 3 in this list really, but the nostalgia for my time with the MD is just too strong!
  5. Octatrack mk2 (sold) - Such a great machine if you’re into sampling. Turns out I’m not! Enjoyed the interface though - nowhere near as daunting as I was expecting. And the stuff you can do with it is just crazy.
  6. Monomachine (sold) - swapped my MD for this, but never got into it.
  7. Rythm mk1 (sold) - felt cramped, a bit confusing and the sound didn’t work for me.
4 Likes

If I had a @sezare56 then I would never let it leave my studio. :nerd:

6 Likes

Plus 1 for this, for sure. :+1:t4:

1 Like

Wow, ever thought about adding a Sidstation to that list just for completeness? :open_mouth:

1 Like

:heart_eyes:OT
:star_struck:AR
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:MDUW

4 Likes

I have an AK for sale for 700€ if your gas ever gets the better of you :wink:

2 Likes