The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Smart, smart, smart!

1 Like

I believe it is for getting in sync with a turntable or external source when using the tap tempo.

1 Like

I would like to be able to zoom in on loops when setting start points. This would make using loops loads easier.

3 Likes

Slices seems like a no-brainer future feature. Any sampler worth itā€™s salt should have slices.

3 Likes

Makes so much sense

1 Like

I like to see a new sampling mode for external and internal. lets call them the p -mode ( to differentiate you could just add a small p to the modes in the ui). Sampling should start once I trigger the play button and not with a teshhold of soudn lvl. This makes it much easier using the DT also for looping and also sampling loops that have their first sound not on the first trig of the step sequencer.

ā€˜Soloā€™ is a crucial part of performance. I still donā€™t understand why this is a problem and why it isnā€™t offered as a stand-alone feature, and why it hasnā€™t been resolved. Are people just supposed to mute track-by-track when they want to execute a drop in their performance?

Here is a pseudo code example of how a solo event could be handled. For the sake of example, Iā€™m only using the audio tracks, but the same could be applied to midi tracks by increasing the array length to 16:

//a global variable containing the state of active or muted tracks. 1=active, 0=mute
//There should always be a listerner/socket on CURRENT_STATE, changes are reflected instataneously
CURRENT_STATE = (1,1,1,0,1,0,0,0);

function solo(){
SOLO = 1; //solo enganged
CURRENT_STATE = user.keypress_input(); //update active track state 1=active, 0=mute

//lets say the user presses tracks 1-3 in that keypress_input() event. keypress_input() would //return a list of tracks with the value 1 for each key that was pressed.
// so user.keypress_input(); would return (1,1,1,0,0,0,0,0)
// now, CURRENT_STATE = (1,1,1,0,0,0,0,0)
SOLO=0; //disengage solo
}

It could be as simple as thatā€¦ I really donā€™t see why a soloing feature would cause problemsā€¦

Furthermore, I would expect this trivial, yet indispensible feature out of a ā€œprofessionalā€ drum machine or anything with a sequencer in this day in ageā€¦

1 Like

I donā€™t see why soloing would cause problems in any sort of situation. But unfortunately there have been a number of user errors associated with the way solo was implemented in the box (cc93 from an external controller). And it has since been removed. For individuals who saved solo states in projects this has cause problems because there is now no way to deactivate those solo states. I suspect that the issue caused will be remedied by solo being reintroduced at some point.

Solo would make things easier but As it seem for now we are intended to use global & pattern mutes and mute mode to get the intended effect.

I still stand by the statement that mute mode and mutes are not as cumbersome to use or as archaic as your original post alludes.

Iā€™m preparing a set w/ DT, itā€™s an outdoor gig and I donā€™t feel like lugging around much gear so trying to fit it all on a DT and a DX100. I have spent a few evenings with the DT outside of my normal DAW+MIDI Studio environment, and I agree wit a lot of posts here. Things Iā€™d love to see on DT:

-RAM ā€œPurgeā€ of all unused samples in a Project
-Rename tracks on MASTER page, or just have them display 1-8
-Different RVB algorithms, I find DTā€™s basic verb to be quite bland
-Some way to load a newly recorded sample to project pool, w/out assigning it to a track right away
-Zoom on setting in/out/loop points. Snap to zero crossing would be nice, or a x-fade impossible probably without:
-8 tracks is ok. but how about 16 voices? 2 per track? Duo/Poly selector per track? Not happeningā€¦
-Some way to see all steps and trigs at once on a track in a pattern on the OLED for longer patts
-MM:SS counter would just be so useful. I get the ethos of why itā€™s not there but damn. Sucks to need a timer on stage. Love this about MPC1000. Just reset counter when ā€œSTOPā€ is pressed.
-BP filter
-Track organizer (move tracks around) - right now you have to copy track AND sound. Is there a better way?
-Pressing ā€œSTOPā€ once should not send ā€œNOTE OFFā€ to all MIDI, at least I wish it didnt! Longer samples play out, but MIDI notes stop dead in their tracks when pressing ā€œSTOPā€ once.

5 Likes

I would like to be able to specify which track is a trackā€™s neighbor. For example, instead of track 8ā€™s neighbor being hardwired as track 7, Iā€™d like to ā€œtargetā€ track 1 to be used as track 8ā€™s neighbor.

This has two benefits, A) organizational purposes when trying to link tracks together, and B) multiple tracks could target the same ā€œneighborā€ track

3 Likes

Requests that would all help workflow speed greatly:

I would love to be able to:

• Audition/preview p-locks (as requested by others; could e.g. be done by FUNC + doubletap p-locked trig.)
  • Loop isolated pages for fine tweaking of patterns.
2 Likes

Doesnā€™t that work already like on the Digitone? Holding PTN+Trig+Paste?

1 Like

I need a fuckin limiter on the feedback of the Delay!

5 Likes

RAM ā€œPurgeā€ of all unused samples in a Project
More filter types bandpass e.t.c.
Compressor

7 Likes

Instructions for copying and passing patterns into different slots on the fly are on page 28 of the manual.

1 Like

A Parametric EQ. I know, We had to mix and adjust freq of our samples we want to transfert, but itā€™s looooong to do this before transfert samples.
It Will be cool and normal to have an EQ directly on the Digitakt.

7 Likes

Iā€™m not seeing it on PG 28ā€¦do I have an old version of manual?

Third bullet point. Unless Iā€™m entirely misunderstanding what that person was requesting.

4 Likes

My bad, you guys! Found it in the manual for 1.07. Will delete from my list.

1 Like

The DT is my only Elektron box. Just googled a bit and yes, I guess thatā€™s exactly what I was thinking of. :slight_smile: