The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

If you’re looking for some watery (?) stereo width, you can kiiiiind of get there by having a audio-rate LFO on the stereo pan. When tuning it to the main tone of the sample, it somewhat approximates a chorusy effect.

Really not quite the same, obviously – but it might give you some of the aspects of a chorus that you’re looking for.

3 Likes

A 2nd LFO for midi tracks.

Mute mode settings need to be persistent.

If you turn the unit off and then reboot, the mute mode will default to global mute even though it was previously set to pattern mute. Doesn’t matter if you save the project, it still returns to the default of global mute when the Digitakt reboots.

7 Likes

Yes you can but that sucks lol

1 Like

Just a notice, L+R outputs and Headphones out are the same, stereo/2ch main out, splitted after Master Volume knob. There’s no chance to route different signals on each of them.

VERY NEEDED FOR BETTER WORKFLOW/PERFORMANCE, STILL MISSING :frowning:

MIDI:
-MIDI KIT/PRESET SAVE/LOAD (like Sounds)
-CUSTOM LABELS FOR EACH TRACK (Audio tracks 1-8 included)
-IMPORTANT!!! JUST CC numbers (or custom labels) on CC Select param. page, instead of useless, obsolete and confusing standard labeling, unability to change/remove it is just upsetting (I don’t want to see SND CTRL5 over CC#74, for example…and honestly, who needs those labels, invalid in modern age??)
-RETRIGGER (Hallo to Sweden! This is like 20th mentioning here…)
-INTERNAL MIDI ROUTING, instead of using cable loop. It would be USEFUL ALOT to assing MIDI track to control Delay/Reverb, for example…it cannot be so difficult to unlock it for users :wink:
-better POLYPHONY sequencing

AUDIO:
-INs 1/2 as source on Audio trk, instead of sample. I want to gate it , filter it, crush it etc., in realtime! 20yrs OG Electribes (running on lol CPU, but there’s no AD/DA, afaik) can do it, why poor, little Digitakt can’t?

…few more requests for almost BASIC options are called repeatedly in this thread, I’ve no clue what is so difficult to implement them :frowning: It’s just one or two men’s job to develop/care about DT fw? I would like to believe that DT parents don’t want to abandon their lovely kid so early… :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I suggest skimming this thread. “It should be simple to code”

1 Like

ability to parse WAV cues for slice data. since the audio files are going through Transfer (and possible getting converted) this may be wiping off any metadata stored. will need to check wav files retrieved from DT with a HEX editor to see what exists in meta chunk

maybe @brian3kb can shed some light into this knowing he’s familiar with the subject :sweat_smile: so we can have a better idea regarding whether this is even possible

1 Like

Transfer does indeed re-encode every wav file that passes through it to the Digitakt, even if the files are already 48k 16bit mono, and in doing so it strips out any additional wav chunk such as LIST and CUE.

Stereo files are also summed by default when Transfer does its business.

alternative sequences per track within the same pattern
(it‘s too much to ask for, I know.)

1 Like

This would likely be super-headache-inducing-material for many if it accidentally got switched and left on… but

TRANSPORT BUTTON DISABLE

I’ve done a handful of shows now where cables have hit the stop button by mistake. It would be amazing to have a “are you sure?” mode that can be applied to the transport buttons, i.e. make the pattern/song play by hitting [PLAY] + [ANOTHER BUTTON], and have similar for stop.

There’s a M4L plugin that got developed for Live for this exact “use case” by iftah. Would be amazing to see this idea get implemented in more gear IMO.

2 Likes

If you want only to widen the stereo width I use this trick but it means sacrificing your delay to do it.

In the delay settings turn time down to zero.

Width up to 100%

Feedback to 32

Take off a lot of low end on the filter

And send whatever sound you want to widen to the delay, I’m usually using somewhere between 90-100 as a send.

It’ll widen the sample without any delay artifacts, higher frequencies tend to be panned slightly right
Put some headphones on and give it a try next time you’re making something.

I use it all the time. so my DT request would be for a second delay

10 Likes

Here are some features I find crucial for future Digitakt development to make it more finished and mature standalone product.

I’ll skip childish gimmicks and fantastic stuff like ‘more ram’, ‘more voices’ or ‘polyphony on audio tracks’.

1. Bell filter (like filter 2 on audio tracks) on incoming signal mixer. Imagine you are playing with an MC or a trumpetist or any other acoustic instrument, you can plug them directly into input and filter out hum and hiss from the mic. No more noisy cheap mackie mixer in your gig bag.

2. Effect sequencing and parameter locking. I can easily sacrifice a midi track for that purpose.
    It can be currently achieved in song mode or via midi loopback, but it’s a clunky workaround, not live-proof at all.

3. Incoming audio effect P-locking (delay and reverb). So imagine you have a live trumpetist (c’mon, I have one) and you want to send incoming signal to offskank dub style delay, not always on delay. I can easily sacrifice one more midi track for that purpose.

4. Stereo machine to match the settings of 2 neighbor tracks and automatically hard pan them to right and left would be nice.

5. Master multiband EQ.

6. Mid-side signal processing (think of Ableton’s Bass Mono Utility) on master bus.

7. And one more little thing: the ability to program and play ‘next song’ or ‘choose song number ##’ in song mode instead of just ‘stop’ or ‘loop’

Would be nice to see some of those features in furthe updates. Hope some folks here will find these ideas useful too.

9 Likes

I would like for the DT to do two things:

1. that you can separate the purge option. Now with it you unload both samples AND sounds at the same time.
  2. that it informs you how many samples/sounds is going to delete BEFORE pressing yes/no.
1 Like

Transferring patterns and samples between digitakt - Memory expansion
Hardrive with compact flash card

2 Likes

Sorry if this was already mentioned but I noticed that my ST has a Overbridge channel for Delay/Reverb and the DT doesn’t which seems so strange, I see all Tracks 1-8 and Input but no channel for the FXs.

1 Like

You can disengage the dry levels of the tracks so your main stereo out channel contains the full wet delay/reverb sum

1 Like

Sorry I did not understand that fully, how do you “disengage the dry levels”?

Audio routing settings, toggle each track to red LED. Those will still be available in OB but not on the main.

1 Like
  • MIDI learn
  • Send CC’s before notes
  • Indicate on the param page backlights when they are on the subpage. (Blue = active+subpage, faint blue = not active+subpage)
  • Give option to make microtiming like on the Model series. (Proportional to the scale setting instead of fixed 8th-note range)
  • Remember current position in Song editor
  • MIDI retrig
  • Add retrig params to Trig page
2 Likes

That sounds like a bug on the Digitakt. Don’t have one, but can’t imagine why it wouldn’t work like the M:S and M:C