The Clone War - Behringer. Good or Bad?

Perfek, only tweaks that could improve would be making it a beaker or lab flask or duplicating cylinders in the same icon :smiley:

Seriously, they have little interest in trying to go on their own merits. People liked the Deepmind, why couldn’t they keep on with those takes?* They’d build their own legacy.

*Because they don’t want to invest R&D, their engineers are capable of doing so, they choose not to allot enough to development.

I can see you point with the “ethics”, but I do believe there bias due to our job/hobby/whatever. There are far worse companies out there, but still continue to use everyday. Amazon reduces humans to an algorithm to see if you viable. Imagine being fired by an app. Google know itself all to well that it changed its company motto of “Do no evil”

Im very free enterprise, so none of this surprises me. I think amazon’s employment practices are far worse then Behringers business choices, but until someone offers me a better solution, have to deal with the available options. An original 808 isn’t an option for most.

Not sure how it is elsewhere, but in the US, you can’t copywrite/tradepark/patent a circuit. You can copywriter the printed schematics, the PCB layout, the architecture to make the circuit, but not the circuit itself. SO this is why I don’t see an issue with making OB-X’s, swings, sm58’s, and whatever else is out there. Surprised there isn’t a xone96 clone yet.

2 Likes

Do you think that this is a meaningful statement or a legitimate defense of action?

If you care at all about tech monopolies, surely you also agree that companies that abuse market power are not beyond criticism.

Otherwise it’s just

“A: We should improve society somewhat.”
“B: Yet you participate in society. Curious!”

provocation and “concern” without meaning or good faith :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Making comparisons doesn’t justify it tho.
Just cuz someone else does wrong, doesn’t make the discussed transgressions correct.

3 Likes

Someone should really clone the TC Clarity. It’s basically the only piece of hardware they make that doesn’t have a good alternative. Maybe add analog inputs.

No, indeed.
But on the one hand, judging Behringer is done according to a certain standard.
And if on the other hand, Amazon, Apple, Bp, Coca, De Beers, Gap, Google, Shell, Total, Volkswagen, (…), are accepted by this standard, I sleep peacefully with my TD3.

1 Like

Yep. Theres market abuse and they arent above critisism. I even critized them myself self in my post. I also dont think “amazon is too big”. Huge companies tend to have dickish behavior which doesnt have to be the case, but as long as its not illegal…

I didnt justfy it. I just stated it exists and there are wosre transgressions that some easily accept.
I have yet to see anyone say “no amazon in my house” like they do behringer for its practices.

3 Likes

Hell, with multinationals, what IS illegal is “legal” until someone’s willing to go after them with anti-trust legislation.

You’re in a thread about Behringer instruments, I don’t think there’s an “Amazon is great and I love Jeff Bezos’ giant penis ship” thread that it may be confused with :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

:wave:

I haven’t used Amazon in years…way before B cloned Mother32. DuckDuckGo to search, Protonmail for email. Ok I use IG.

4 Likes

As stated, im pro free enterprise. If theres a loophole, im for it.
No issues with tax havens, shell companies, etc.

Yes, obviously AnarchoCapitalists believe the possible regulation of businesses is more immoral than the behavior of any business in the history of existence and that “market” forces (or abuses, depending on perspective) are the highest form of morality.

But that’s not what’s being discussed!

I limit my amazon, but inalso live in an area of the world where things arent readily available and 80% of everythjng i purchase (besides food and electricity) is flown in.

I think you assume that people who criticizing B aren’t also criticizing the bad behavior of other corporations. I doubt that is the case.

But as you point out, it’s difficult to bypass a lot of these companies. It’s easy to find a more sympathetic cloner.

Correct, we are moving into political ideals so ill drop that part.

Bottom line is, i have 0 issues with Behringer. If thats what they wanna do, thats their choice. If you or i dont support it, thats our choice. I dont think what they are doing is inherently bad.

Them suing people for shit talking them, thats ok with me. Waste of money, but sure, go right ahead.
They making copies of 40 year old things no longer in production, go for it.

1 Like

You are absolutely right.

But iirc, you were the one to criticize people for their choices.

2 Likes

Its sarcasm. Pronably no my best work. Really dont care tho.
Its to show the contradictions i mentioned above that people will happily use cloned stuff as long as its not behringer.

So Behringer are the good guys now Music Tribe Oberheim Press Release

Probably because of the recent arbitration. Pretty sure its the trademark only, and the cloning continues.

1 Like

If Uli had not already burned so many bridges out of self-interest, I might read this as a genuine gesture.

However…

2 Likes