The Cassette thread

What do 414s go for these days? I have one in good condition with og box. Might sell it, as I changed workflows.

1 Like

On Reverb.com currently around 450-500EUR.

Would record without DBX (with the noise) but also record the same track to digital at the same time (recorder, sampler, daw … whatever).

You could blend the noisy cassette version with the high res version as you please.

3 Likes

We made these with duplication.ca

9 Likes

It looks great. I do love the print directly onto the cassette.

How much did that set you back?

Thanks! The printing is nice indeed.

308 canadian $ for 100 cassettes.
40$ for the boxes
120$ for the cassettes
78$ for the pad printing on the cassettes
70$ shipping

3 Likes

Good to know! So you have 100 of these cassettes. Where abouts do you expect to be shipping them? I’m curious to see a list of countries :blush:

Looking good!
For the J-card, did you get it printed in a shop or DIY it?
I couldn’t find any double sided glossy paper for the life of me so I used two pieces of glossy adhesive paper and stuck them back to back. Luckily, I love really tiny and small details that require lots of intense, concentration. That said, I’d rather double sided glossy paper :joy: :joy: :joy:

Yeah we have 100 cassettes and we print the covers on a A0 paper, we have 10 copies of each EP for now. We ship worldwide from france (2€ in europe 3€ international, it’s not that bad).

1 Like

They’re printed! Thanks for the kind words.

2 Likes

Pad printing search came up trumps!

Loved watching that!

2 Likes

Went to one of Tokyo’s most beautiful districts today - Nakameguro- to go to Waltz. A cassette shop dealing with old and new releases. There is almost every title imaginable including soundtracks. They also have a lot of hardware cassette players in the form of boom boxes and personal cassette players.

They have some great coloured cassettes. I will use those for duplicating my album.

Bought 10 and got a nice little tote bag to boot!

9 Likes

Awesome, I’ve followed them on Instagram for years, would love to go check them out in person… they always post really lovely hardware.

Speaking of hardware hadn’t checked the market in a while, stuff is certainly still climbing. I really should try to get a decent deck that’s not a 4 track before they are truly unobtainable.

1 Like

Nice my first tapes I did through them, and I was pretty happy with the results… I think I did the cheapest type 1 at the time. Second round I ordered tapes/sticker from them to DIY, you can really get the prices down if you go that route.

2 Likes

There’s a lot out here. Seen some Nakamichi’s as well. Silly money but :drooling_face:

Hey there everyone ! Nice to see a thread dedicated to those little noisy things.

We’ve been releasing a few of those with my label and will keep doing so.

Here the last one :

5 Likes

Awesome looking cassette!

Cheers for the link. Can’t wait to checky checky! Safe bluds!

Really love the simplicity of the cassette artwork.

A

Yes!

I don’t need to much else; just whack it on and enjoy the music. Simple!

Analog Keys functioning as my cassette recorder stand…

I’ve finally been experimenting with tape again after many years. The compression and nonlinear modulation is just unemulatable imo. So many plugins get close, but there is nothing quite like it imo (coming from many years of exploring tape emulation and soft distortion plugins).

These are some recent recorded mixes of my proto-Elektron set up using a lot of the Casio CZ5000.

6 Likes

Can’t wait to take a listen!

I’ve literally purchased every tape emulation plugin under the sun and you are right. They can be good but the difference between an emulation and the real thing is night and day.

Ahhhhhhhh this type of post soothes my very soul.

1 Like

Seriously! First I was pretty disappointed by all the nonlinearity (it’s not as clean as an Analog Heat???). Then I started using it for certain projects, and it just fit.

Hope you like them!