The BITWIG Thread

Which aspekts are the ones? I.e. better workflow or better hw utilization of the DAW ?

Thanks! I’m aware of the scripts but haven’t tried them yet. I use my MFT with my MPC Live as Q-Link extension as well as occasionally in my other hardware setup. If it helps you make a decision, I can try these out for you and report back on the user experience, just let me know.

The Launchkey Mini Mk3 gives you access to device parameters (multiple pages), mixing controls (volume, pans, sends) as well as track and device selection. you can also configure it to record fixed length clips as well as toggle overdub on/off. In terms of note inputs, you have the keys and the pads which are configured to work with Bitwig’s Drum Machine and most other drum programs (I use them with BFD3 inside Bitwig and they’re surprisingly nice for finger drumming). Lastly there’s another page on the Launchkey which allows you to midi map the 8 knobs in addition to the scripted mapping that happens in “Device” mode…so you can control the device in focus in Device mode and then switch modes to control fixed parameters via midi CC with the eight knobs. Lastly you get an arpeggiator that’s pretty nice built into the Launchkey as well. If you have any specific questions feel free to hit me up.

1 Like

thanks a lot! I just ordered one myself and will try it out :slight_smile:

interesting, I will see if I can use it with my MC 707 as well

1 Like

Bitwig’s Winter Sale is on. Running until 11 Jan 2022:

https://www.bitwig.com/buy/

1 Like

finally! got 16-track.
no more annoying limitation on 3rd party plugins. :metal: :+1:

1 Like

EDIT: Coupon codes are no longer valid on this particular purchase, but leaving them as reference for other items.

If interested, remember that you can purchase renewals, crossgrades or full versions from online shops that might offer additional discounts as well. I get things from JRRshop and was able to get my yearly renewal for $116 the other day and see that it’s now $108 with the right coupon code.

https://www.jrrshop.com/bitwig-studio-upgrade

Add to cart, then use the coupon code ‘group’ to get it down to $108. The code ‘forum’ also works, but that’s $114. If you’re not familiar with JRRshop one or both of these two codes generally work on most items even if they’re already a promotion from a particular brand.

2 Likes

they removed those options so now it’s the same price everywhere.

Ah, too bad. Was working just an hour ago (validated it before I posted). Updated my post to reflect the change.

That sucks.

1 Like

4.1 is released.

4 Likes

I’m a very fortunate guy :smiley:

9 Likes

Nice! Because of these kinds of situations, here’s where the sales and renewals process falls apart for me. I’m still on 4.0 but I want to get 4.1 for the note mangling tools but should I just go for it now or should I wait til the last day of the sale to ensure I’m current for as long as possible? There’s always the chance that the waiting period makes me change my mind and spend money elsewhere. But from what I’ve seen, Bitwig doesn’t tend to release major updates within sales periods so I should be fine. Anyway, I’m rambling and I’ll probably just jump right in today seeing as I just got paid.

2 Likes

I may be misunderstanding your post (it wouldn’t be the first time) but if you buy an upgrade now you don’t actually have to “apply” it today, you can wait as long as you want. People often buy the upgrades during the sale even if they don’t need them, then sit on the code until their subscription runs out and/or they release a version with new features that they particularly like.

This might be different depending on whether you buy direct from Bitwig or from an online retailer like JRR or whatever. Perhaps someone else can clarify? If you buy direct from your Bitwig account does it automatically “apply” the upgrade right away?

Ah, mine ran out in late October, so I missed out on 4.1. So, I was debating whether to wait until the end of the sale period to maximise my chances of being able to get 5.1 or whatever is current in a year’s time and not miss out by a couple of days or whatever. If I buy today, I will be applying it straight away (because new toys), but that’s good to know about being able to delay the “Apply” action. Cheers! :slight_smile:

There are some deal-breaker stuff for me with bitwig, but there’s also a lot of stuff that makes me want to strike a deal. Like this note mangling stuff

Edit: anyone know if they’ve done away with that crossgrade offering, or am I as my mother always say, bad at looking?

Well, I’m not sure about what happens if you renew directly inside your Bitwig account, I wouldn’t want to trip anyone up with bad information. I’m pretty certain that if you buy from a retailer, they will send you a code, and then you can just register that code in your account whenever you like.

That’s probably what I’ll do. It’s almost a willpower game to see how long I can wait. Or maybe I just shouldn’t buy it at all!! I love fun note devices though…

2 Likes

That makes sense. I will more than likely renew directly through my Bitwig account to support those Berlin code maestros to the fullest. I’ll update everyone if I find an option for delaying the renewal date directly or not.

Yeah I want to support them too. I’ve had Bitwig since Alpha version back in 2013 and I’m pleased they’re managing to continue to blaze their own trail despite the DAW market clearly being a bit of a nightmare! I love a bargain but I feel guilty taking a sideways route to save a few quid.

2 Likes

By the way, if anyone is interested, a couple weeks ago a new forum focused only on bitwig feature requests was opened. Bitwig’s developers have been notified, I don’t know how far it will go but there is a bit of a growing community.

I’ll leave it here in case anyone’s interested. It’s called BITWISH

Hmmm.

By the way, what are the official channels for feature requests? I missed the survey (in the title of this topic) - is there anything still going on?