The BITWIG Thread

I just renewed my license to try the Bitwig 4 beta on my M1 MacBook Air, runs really well natively so far…

No memory issues or warnings here, what specs does your computer have and what O.S. does it run?

win10, it´s a pretty powerful machine thoughthough and this is the first time i have ever ran into issues like this… i7-6700k @ 4 GHz, 16Gb ddr4 mem

Maybe you can take a screenshot and email it to beta@bitwig.com including details about your PC to let the developers know about your issue.

I’ve been having these memory warnings since beta 5 (Macbook Air M1). It’s the plugin host (x64) in my case, specifically when I use Softube’s Modular vst. You can open macOS’ Activity Monitor, and under the tab “Memory” you can sort by memory usage, then you should be able to see what’s causing these errors.

EDIT: just seeing now that you run it on PC — finding out more about what’s hogging the memory should work the same though (I guess Task Manager is the Windows equivalent to Mac’s Activity Monitor)

In the past I have had lots of issues with CPU spikes with Softube plugins in Bitwig (on Intel macs).

Recently I have contacted Softube about M1 support a couple of times but they don’t have an ETA… I did see they now supper Big Sur on Intel but M1 is still unsupported as far as know…

@hausland

Did you manage to run Softube modular on M1 MBA under Rosetta 2?

Yeah, I love my Keylab.

1 Like

BitWig 4 is officially out of beta now!

6 Likes

Missed it by 2 days.

2 Likes

You sure called it. I wonder if you can reach out to support?

I will try it and we will see what they say. Maybe they allow for a short grace period.

1 Like

Might as well give it a shot. I wonder (if you manage to get 4.0) if you will be able to download a potential bug-fixing 4.1 too or if you will remain locked into 4.0 until resubscribing?

Their update servers are getting obliterated. I’ll let it run in the background… not critical, but just FYI.

Same thing here, about 30kb/s

Not that you guys want to hear this but I got both my machines updated in less than 15 minutes earlier. I must’ve beaten the initial rush.

1 Like

If you ask in general (maybe you talk about the 2 day over special case here) yes, you should get .something versions. Mine expired in june and some 3.something version was offered to download to me.
Well I got 4 just now ( finally a controller would have been more important, can‘t decide about a push i got offered or a cheap nektar, but got weak because of those few bucks less in summer) looks a bit different. Sure there are workarounds for the operators as you said before.
Everything via phone hotspot, a tecnical miracle for me always, and maybe a little adventure.

1 Like

ooh, just noticed Bitwig 4 includes native apple silicon support, and you can sandbox intel vsts too… very nice…

guess, i’ll ping-pong back over to Bitwig for a while (from Live :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Same here. Download went smooth and fast, all works well and it’s a pleasure to use.

1 Like

Anyone having problems accessing the download? I click to download MacOS version and I get an SSL error.

More than likely failed connections. If the server doesn’t respond during the acme challenge (TLS stuff) then the request goes poof and the requestor thinks it was an SSL error.

Super fun to debug :upside_down_face:

I got through but…

Haha yay…

1 Like

Yeah I finally got through. But downloading so insanely slow and eventually timed out - lost connection. I can’t imagine there are THAT many people trying to access the DL right now. But I guess so.

1 Like