The Big Elektronauts Hip-Hop Thread: production tips, sharing our music, feedback and inspiration

Got the full tape on yt now:

7 Likes

This is really really good stuff. Going to listen in more detail later :blush:

1 Like

me too. Congrats @Sleepyhead

1 Like

Really nice work mate.
I really must get a new power cord for sampletrak I stopped using it when my cord broke about 5 years ago, but yeah I love the way it sounds too, just sampling and pitching any sample down with it sounds so good.
Great stuff.

1 Like

Thanks guys! I just love the way some samplers sound. I’d say an elektron sampler/sequencer combined with some character sampler/fx unit is a perfect combo for hiphop.

2 Likes

very nice! my son and i just listened to this while driving around doing some errands. good vibes!

1 Like

Here are some festive beats that I made today. I hope y’all have a nice holiday.

11 Likes

Man, these are catchy!

Happy holidays to everyone. I am grateful to be part of such a great community of warm and likeminded people :heart:

8 Likes

Happy holidays!

3 Likes

Super chill, and well done. Love your style.

1 Like

Great beats. Really impressive. Great grooves

1 Like

Really digging these, happy holidays!

1 Like

Finally got something together outside of a beat battle that I am happy with :

4 Likes

This is really nice. Especially like the change up in the second half :fire:

1 Like

I’ve been listening to this oldie on repeat past few days. What an absolute banger.

Anyone fancy sharing their current favourites, old or new?

4 Likes

I keep coming back to this SP mixtape. I gotta get to work on the 404MkII.

Also, this mixtape of DJ Premier on Hot97 back in 1995. I had a bootleg copy from around that time and wore it.

This track is on that tape and it’s one of my all time favorite underground joints.

3 Likes

Nice one! Yeah I love that Q Ball & Curt Cazal tune too. I had it on a Fat City comp back in the day.

1 Like

Imvho this is the best Hip Hop mixtape of all time, it’s literally the only Lp that never gets taken out of my playlists and I never get tired of listening to it, it’s classic rawkus talent mixed by the beat junkies… soundbombing 2

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mJfz7SJJsX2cX3SYA24P2CSDVorwyJjt0

4 Likes

Here’s a few tracks out of many that have constantly been on my playlists in one form or another since they came out.

5 Likes

Here’s something new I really like.

2 Likes