…
…
…
7 Korg microKORG
…
…

Interesting :thinking:

1 Like

That list includes second hand sales on Reverb.

The other lists all point in the same direction, Korg is still the best selling brand for synths.

2 Likes

Yeah, sure^^ good old microKORG. :slight_smile:

Aye. Microkorg is a damn good synth! I had one. Loved it for pads and soft keys sounds.

3 Likes

…for korg i felt indeed, thoughout all the years, the most sympathy, when we’re talking bout the real big brands…

roland on the other hand, kind of the biggest of all, at least when we talk classic til up to day, i always did’nt like at all…no matter what quality they delivered…

but i’m really surprised finding teenage engineering even topping the list…my goodness, op1 is the only gadget i can think of, where the second batch was higher priced than the first one and second hand prices topped brand new price tags that fast…

the 303, to name the first and biggiest cult comeback, back in the days, needed to die first and fast for real…got buried and was long forgotten…and then it took years to come til some tech head zombified this ugly little box for the first time again…
helped the brand, but they completely overslept the later boom…was all about second hand back then…and then all the clones came…

and of course i’m pleased to find our swedish friends on this list with their two digis…well deserved…but i’m also surprised…cause their overall best selling machine used to be the ot…
but only dumbheads resell an ot, right…

1 Like

My first synth was a used Korg MS2000. Similar engine like on the microKORG, but huge with lotsa knobs and that lovely mod sequencer.
Years later I got into hardware again with a Volca Bass, Monotribe and Minilogue.
Was pretty korged up^^

5 Likes

Nice! Ive had 2 EMX1s ( love those things!) an ESX1, microkorg, a few volcas, mono/poly, I still have the old MS20 and a monotribe. Korg makes great gear that lasts forever, and sounds brilliant.

3 Likes

Dude me too!

2 Likes

Maybe I didnt give the Korg MS2000 enough time, but I always felt it sounded too thin. Hated the little knobs on it. Felt cheap. My Korg EMX1 though, some heavy duty hardware. That thing was built like a tank. Have parted with both, at times I miss the EMX1.

2 Likes

My first synth was a microkorg. Loved the sound… still love it when i hear my recordings from that time. But the editing was no fun

3 Likes

I keep waiting for a Maxikorg, which would be the same as a Microkorg, but with knobs to edit all the parameters.

1 Like

Insta-buy! But then I guess it would be spendy.

1 Like

The last list interests me the most. Top Brands of 2019. Its a USA based list, I would to see an EU version of that list. I wonder if Roland Korg and Moog would also be the top 3 best selling brands.

1 Like

The TB-303 was in production from 1981 to 1984.

Phuture’s “Acid Tracks” was released in 1987, but was made in 1985 and regularly played by Ron Hardy.

The first top-10 hit featuring a 303 on bass was in 1983 and sounds surprisingly squelchy.

And as we now know, 303 acid house was actually invented in 1982 in India by Charanjit Singh.

Rackmount 303 clones started appearing in the early 90s and new ones have been coming out ever since, both as hardware as in software.

Best selling vintage #15: Roland MC-303

Now I feel old. :confused:

1 Like

…well it was a cheap dumpster gadget in first place…
…and roland forgot about it completely before the hype happened…

and only starting ABUSING it, with all it’s little bugs in the sequencer, and it’s super cheap circuitboard failures, made it that famous everlasting gnarling aciiiiiiid voice of the planet…

and what else do u do, if ur not hunting for subcultural hard facts only…?