The best Elektron Hardware Setup for Live Gigs

Hi,
what do you think is the best and effective Hardware Live Setup for Gigs?

For me its still the Octatrack. Or is it a combination of OT and DT or ST and AR,…

What you think?

Give me any combo or single device and once I’m proficient enough with it I should be able to entertain myself for hours, and forget whether there’s an audience there… (Probably not, after a while) :innocent:

But, if pressed: DT and M:C

2 Likes

…it’s the ot and one more thing…or a few more things if u like…
but in essence, all it really needs, if u wanna avoid computers on a stage but come from a computer background in any way, one ot is still all the show…

at least if we’re talking entertainment…not so much ur own, but truu showbiz with an audience of any kind…if that’s not the case, anything can be ur personal “best”…but when it comes to “showtime” and delivering ur shit on a scheduled slot, an ot is ur karate to trust on…no matter what…

3 Likes

What style of music are you making?

I play live with an A4mk2, that’s become a key part of my sounds… but I think the Rytm mk2 is probably the better overall performative device.
Rytm into an Octatrack would go a long way for most styles of music.

1 Like

…another universal thing with the ot…what style is out of question…it doesn’t matter what ur style might be…it can be any “style”…
even no electronic genre at all…

1 Like

Yes I like my OT MK2 from the beginning and think it was /is the best music device so far.
I use it with an Alpha Base, a Moog Mother 32+Dfam and a PWM Malevolent.

But using all together in a Live Gig prepatration starts to get stressy in the meaning of content progress. That because the Dfam an Malevolent are very good but more unpredictable in use.
So if you do not make industrial techno like e.g. Blush Response but more melodic techno, its hard.

I make Elektro/Techno like this:

3 Likes

…yup…once u start to perform on more frequent bases and travel logistics and play routines come into the equasion, u start to narrow down ur live rig to reduce it all to the max…the max of simplicity…all u want and all u need then, is to make sure, it won’t fail on u under any conditions and u can really trust it while rocking any venue and any audience…

so, ot and one more thing is really a thing…

2 Likes

I agree

If I ever do any live gigs it will be octatrack, rytm and one synth.
The synth will be something that really needs to be played live like a 303 or maybe typhon or modular palette case.
Any other sounds I need would have been sampled into the octatrack or coming from the rytm.

1 Like

depends on style of music and what kind of set you have in mind.

If you want to fiddle with synths on the go, you obviously need at least one synth in addition.

If you want to play or remix already recorded stems, OT might be enough.

OT is probably a very useful tool in any scenario, which makes it so great

1 Like

This says Digitakt and Octratrack to me… with something else thrown into the OT’s 3/4 input for fun… :+1:

3 Likes

Yes, because the OT is very good as a centerpiece.

1 Like

For me, it would be :

• AR Mk II + A4 Mk II + AH+FX
  • ST + DN + DT + AH+FX
  • OT + DT II + Mono Synth + Poly Synth.

I try to keep the same workflow and form factor between Machines.

2 Likes

for me – Syntakt + A4 mk1
(i don’t like form factor of mk2, it does not even pretend to be backpack-friendly)

1 Like

I hat an A4 first Eddition an I did not get any good feeling for that. Shit presets and a lot of knob rotating without getting a good result. I do not like the A4

I will use the OT plus an Alpha Base, AB for Drums, OT for all other.

1 Like

I forgot to add DT II (Drums) with the OT.

1 Like

Digitone + Syntakt

All synthesis babyyyy

3 Likes

rytm mk2+analog 4 mk2
rytm mk2 +DT2 +Peak

1 Like