The Behringer Gear-in-progress Thread

In the discussion mode again for them is the idea of doing something like the ARP Quadra ! This is discussion only so far, more about asking us – “What do you think ?”

This would be wild. The Quadra is a combination of a bass synth, a poly synth, a lead synth, and string synth all in one. This is kind of the old-fashioned way to do things, so if you’re old fashioned this is for you.

You can read about the original here :
ARP Quadra | Vintage Synth Explorer

1 Like

The Quadra is one of my bucket list synths in all its garish beauty, along with the Voyetra Eight.

1 Like

That BMX looks a lot better than their LinnDrum/Digitakt clone thing. Good idea to cash in on those stripes. I wonder how exacting they are about recreating the different Linn and DMX circuits. Are they really getting into the weeds with that, enough to make them different and have two products? They both sampling drum machines in the same RD size with pads and faders and 8-12 bit sampling option. Are they really recreating those algorithms distinctly? Isla didn’t even 100% recreate the SP1200 sound for their S2400, though it sounds great. So will these be accurate or different enough to be distinct or is it just stripes and an analog filter?

1 Like

I came here to post this one. Very excited by an 8/12-bit sampling drum machine! I like the name BMX too, haha.

1 Like

Behringer’s cloning program is at its best when they remix the original in an interesting way, like the hardware equivalent of an Arturia V Collection synth.

Just gonna leave this one here.

And this one

3 Likes

Almost snagged a DX years ago but alas not. Looking forward to the BMX tho!

Wow. If the MS-5 they show in the photos ends-up being the finalised design, then I think it’s the best-looking one they’ve done so far!

Not a fan of some of the others though. They keep fucking 'em up by putting modern-looking displays and pads on them. Plus, I think Behringer’s new logo looks like crap compared to the old one. Same with Pioneer. I mean they both used to have logos that had a serious, professional, hi-tech look about them whereas now they look like something you’d see an acne-covered boy racer display in the rear window of a hatchback or something!

But yeah, wow, reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally loving the look of that MS-5 :heart_eyes:

1 Like

The hinged keyboards all look good to me. ( Though i don’t own any yet. ) So that’s four as of now – the Monopoly, the Poly-D, the MS-5 soon, and in progress the Kobol.

3 Likes

I was just looking at some earlier prototype photos of it and notice that it had lighter-coloured end cheeks and a transparent Pitch/Mod stick. Those are two aspects that spoil the look of it so I’m really pleased to see that the end cheeks are now black and that the Pitch/Mod stick is shiny black to match the plastic of the shiny black knobs.

Definite improvement, looks way better now I reckon!

So I just posted Behringer is slashing prices of these two by $210 to $600 USD !

A bunch of other Behringer had their prices reduced too.

No word that i’ve seen yet on the rest of the GIP, but i think price reduction is possible there too. Maybe the MS-5 ? So much for inflation, at least for Behringer.

ADDED : This also would be indirectly a statement on the availability on the rest of the GIP over the coming year or so.

3 Likes

WHERE IS MY BEHRINGER OSCAR??? I demand my behringer oscar.

3 Likes

Seems like they’re just trying to clear our things that haven’t been selling well.

I got the Monopoly for about 400 € last year

1 Like

Wasn’t this one of the very first clones they announced?

How long ago was it that behringer released a new product?
Was the latest TD-3 MO?

This makes me SO happy. I hope this gives them an edge over companies that forever seem to be raising prices cough cough.

Prob the Bi Phase pedal

Any news on the vcs3 or ideas when we might see it?

2 Likes

@jukka might have an idea. Did they announce they were going into production with it? Or was it put out there for comment etc?

1 Like