The Behringer Gear-in-progress Thread

2 voice paraphonic according to a behringer comment.

1 Like

10 Likes

please be real ! ooh …

1 Like

Straight from the horses mouth (FB)

1 Like

No branding threw me !

Yep, looks better though :grin:

2 Likes

For sure, that’s welcomed - as long as the filter is close it could be a sweet sidekick to its siblings

1 Like

It’s called the 2-XM

• Authentic reproduction of SEM 2-Voice circuitry from the ‘70s
  • Pure analog signal path based on authentic VCO, VCF and VCA designs
  • 2 independent voices for polyphonic, split or 4 oscillator unison sounds
  • 2 variable oscillator shapes with adjustable pulse width for inspiring sounds
  • Oscillator sync for piercing lead sounds and complex effects
  • 2 legendary multi-mode filters with low-pass, high-pass, band-pass and notch modes
  • 2 dedicated and fully analog LFOs with triangle and square waveforms
  • 4 analog envelope generators for extensive control of filters and amplifiers
  • Noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation
  • Extensive modulation capabilities, including internal and external sources
  • 2-channel mixer section featuring level and pan controls for intense stereo sounds
  • Portamento function applicable to both voices for great pitch gliding effects
  • 2 external audio inputs for processing external sound sources
  • Dedicated audio outputs plus a combined stereo output for maximum flexibility
  • Massive amount of CV and GATE In/Outs for extreme creativity
  • 16-voice Poly Chain allows combining multiple synthesizers for up to 32 voice polyphony
  • Complete Eurorack solution – main module can be transferred to a standard Eurorack case
  • 64 controls to give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
  • MIDI and USB implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection
  • $299 USD
6 Likes

More info at Synth Anatomy

1 Like

32 voice polychain

2 Likes

That’s more like it. Looks great, hope it sounds great as well!

1 Like

Bring it on! Stereo out is Inspired :+1:

1 Like

I’ve been wondering about this for a long time.

From the Facebook page :

In 2019, Hiroaki Nishijima, the legendary inventor of the Korg MS-20, joined us to develop the next generation of Japanese synthesizers.

This looks to be in the “Soul” line, you’d think it’s analog, but no other detail given. The keyboard is in a black color, which is new.

This is more of a tease than an announcement. $ 99 ??

5 Likes

that 2-xm is gonna be incredible. definitely grabbing that. i dont see how the soul/spirit ones would fit into my setup but its gonna be hard to resist the ub-1 and the saturn for the price

i’ve owned the crave, k2, model d, and pro-1 and they were all very impressive. i can’t see being disappointed by any of these

2 Likes

Reading on their Facebook pages, the comments from Behringer suggests that indeed they are interested in selling to a much younger market as well with their inexpensive Soul and Spirit line.

It makes sense to establish brand presence with a new generation.

4 Likes

That looks the most intriguing of the small boxes. Looks bigger than a Volca which is good. It has a DCO and appears to be called the Hiro tr… All those buttons could give a high degree of configurability

2 Likes

You know years ago this was unthinkable. I paid £1500 for an Octave Cat in 1981 they was really heavy. It was only duophonic. It took a year to pay it off as i only could afford hp credit. Now we have 99 dollar synths that are nust as powerful if not more and can fit in a brief case. I will never complain about things like these synths coming to market for younger people to get into music. Because i know that it was damn hard to do so 40 plus years ago.

12 Likes

“Hiro Tribe”?

2 Likes

"hiro tron" ?

could be covering up the horrid soul scrawl to keep the dream alive

Nice vibe otherwise, esp gold knob caps

hiro

3 Likes

Hunch only on my part, but a strong one.

I think Hiroaki Nishijima has been working on a larger and very special project all this time, and this Soul sized synth is a spin-off from that. The controls on this would also be part of that larger synth too.

Wouldn’t be entirely surprised to see an announcement for the “Hiro Synth” sometime soon.

2 Likes