The Behringer Gear-in-progress Thread

The frankly perturbing aspect of all these cued releases is that you have a small window with some to get them readily, so if you hang out for the, say, Proton, which is one I’d like to be as interesting as it seems it might be … then you may have missed something which in retrospect might have been more appealing. Choice paralysis meets prioritisation and finite gear funds … i.e. if there is a Hiro Synth and it’s further down the line, I may be tempted to put the eggs in that basket and maybe miss Proton/SEM general availability … first world concerns, but yeah, it seems less likely that a renowned engineer would be given a restricted brief (as above) - so something more hands on and physical seems very likely - but hopefully not just a bunch of cool eurorack modules as I’m not in that game.

Was near to giving up on the B just 5 minutes ago - plugged in the Neutron, no patch cables, completely overlooked that the 2nd attenuator is soft-patched and whilst the LFO was non-key-synced and slowest rate it was effectively cutting the signal for very long periods … then it would respond for a bit and go off again - it was only when I spotted my error that I chilled from angry consumer mode - so a Hiro Synth is still on the cards or the Proton if the sonics are good and the architecture is taking you to new places

1 Like

Uli taking all my money.

6 Likes

Or maybe not ! :rofl:

It may be something else entirely.

:money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings:

Much better picture :

6 Likes

I’m generally not really interested in what Behringer offers, but that 2-XM….

1 Like

So that was the hiro tribe … next another Spirit class synth.

It’ll have to go some to be as great as the monotribe - Hiro Tribe was indeed correct - as sadly was the soul branding - oh well, maybe these are the souls of larger entities to come

It looks great though

1 Like

Looking at the hatching of the circuit trace on the top of the “black” keys, it is entirely possible that the keyboard surface of the Soul class synths senses position and/or pressure and is a playable surface.

Though you’d think that would be mentioned in the copy, so maybe not.

yeah, besides the “white” keys have nothing similar, they’re probably too small to get a meaningful surface area to traverse or fill - and with leds beneath them too it’s not likely to have give to accommodate pressure … nice pattern, notably inverted keys, like the Father below

It’s most definitely a MonoTribe … cough … ‘successor’ … cough

1 Like

No actually showing the traces is optional, for capacitive sensing that is. In fact the documentation with one of the principle capacity position sensor chip maker Cypress, suggests not showing, though it’s been found not to matter. The pattern shown is the sort of thing you might see though, rather than this being decorative. And for finger wiggle you don’t need much room.

Who knows.

1 Like

Yeah I have to say, I’m excited for the Hiro Tribe. Well up my street.

Kinda loving Behringer’s collaborative efforts as well as unique devices.

1 Like

Yeah, what’s coming next is a picture of Vladimir Kuzmin holding up the $99 Polivoks Soul !

3 Likes

It’s only a matter of time!! :joy:

1 Like

giphy

4 Likes

I’ll take 1 Hirotribe, please.

I apologize whole-heartedly for shitting on the “soul” synths previously :speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

Some of these are interesting. But minijack output and USB power - they’ll be noisy AF, won’t they?

The USB power doesn’t have to be supplied by a computer. I use 3 pin (UK) adaptors for my USB equipped synths such as the Typhon. 3.5mm won’t be any worse that a 1/4” output.

3 Likes

So basically all the folk not too impressed with the B-clones have just been holding out for a Hiro?

11 Likes

These aren’t larger than life though.

4 Likes