The Behringer Gear-in-progress Thread

32 voice polychain

2 Likes

That’s more like it. Looks great, hope it sounds great as well!

1 Like

Bring it on! Stereo out is Inspired :+1:

1 Like

I’ve been wondering about this for a long time.

From the Facebook page :

In 2019, Hiroaki Nishijima, the legendary inventor of the Korg MS-20, joined us to develop the next generation of Japanese synthesizers.

This looks to be in the “Soul” line, you’d think it’s analog, but no other detail given. The keyboard is in a black color, which is new.

This is more of a tease than an announcement. $ 99 ??

5 Likes

that 2-xm is gonna be incredible. definitely grabbing that. i dont see how the soul/spirit ones would fit into my setup but its gonna be hard to resist the ub-1 and the saturn for the price

i’ve owned the crave, k2, model d, and pro-1 and they were all very impressive. i can’t see being disappointed by any of these

2 Likes

Reading on their Facebook pages, the comments from Behringer suggests that indeed they are interested in selling to a much younger market as well with their inexpensive Soul and Spirit line.

It makes sense to establish brand presence with a new generation.

4 Likes

That looks the most intriguing of the small boxes. Looks bigger than a Volca which is good. It has a DCO and appears to be called the Hiro tr… All those buttons could give a high degree of configurability

2 Likes

You know years ago this was unthinkable. I paid £1500 for an Octave Cat in 1981 they was really heavy. It was only duophonic. It took a year to pay it off as i only could afford hp credit. Now we have 99 dollar synths that are nust as powerful if not more and can fit in a brief case. I will never complain about things like these synths coming to market for younger people to get into music. Because i know that it was damn hard to do so 40 plus years ago.

12 Likes

“Hiro Tribe”?

2 Likes

"hiro tron" ?

could be covering up the horrid soul scrawl to keep the dream alive

Nice vibe otherwise, esp gold knob caps

hiro

3 Likes

Hunch only on my part, but a strong one.

I think Hiroaki Nishijima has been working on a larger and very special project all this time, and this Soul sized synth is a spin-off from that. The controls on this would also be part of that larger synth too.

Wouldn’t be entirely surprised to see an announcement for the “Hiro Synth” sometime soon.

2 Likes

The frankly perturbing aspect of all these cued releases is that you have a small window with some to get them readily, so if you hang out for the, say, Proton, which is one I’d like to be as interesting as it seems it might be … then you may have missed something which in retrospect might have been more appealing. Choice paralysis meets prioritisation and finite gear funds … i.e. if there is a Hiro Synth and it’s further down the line, I may be tempted to put the eggs in that basket and maybe miss Proton/SEM general availability … first world concerns, but yeah, it seems less likely that a renowned engineer would be given a restricted brief (as above) - so something more hands on and physical seems very likely - but hopefully not just a bunch of cool eurorack modules as I’m not in that game.

Was near to giving up on the B just 5 minutes ago - plugged in the Neutron, no patch cables, completely overlooked that the 2nd attenuator is soft-patched and whilst the LFO was non-key-synced and slowest rate it was effectively cutting the signal for very long periods … then it would respond for a bit and go off again - it was only when I spotted my error that I chilled from angry consumer mode - so a Hiro Synth is still on the cards or the Proton if the sonics are good and the architecture is taking you to new places

1 Like

Uli taking all my money.

6 Likes

Or maybe not ! :rofl:

It may be something else entirely.

:money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings:

Much better picture :

6 Likes

I’m generally not really interested in what Behringer offers, but that 2-XM….

1 Like

So that was the hiro tribe … next another Spirit class synth.

It’ll have to go some to be as great as the monotribe - Hiro Tribe was indeed correct - as sadly was the soul branding - oh well, maybe these are the souls of larger entities to come

It looks great though

1 Like

Looking at the hatching of the circuit trace on the top of the “black” keys, it is entirely possible that the keyboard surface of the Soul class synths senses position and/or pressure and is a playable surface.

Though you’d think that would be mentioned in the copy, so maybe not.