The Behringer Gear-in-progress Thread

It strikes me if people seek alternative comparison products for the Neutron & Proton one could consider the Cre8audio East Beast & West Pest. Different functionally, but similar enough, and same price point, to be competitive. Those might be good if you have an allergy. :slight_smile:

ADDED NOTE : It’s allergy season where i am here in North America !

2 Likes

If you’re referring to me, I wasn’t looking for an alternative, I was just wondering, no allergy here I’m quite happy with some of their clones :+1:.
I’ve heard good things about DeepMind and Neutron and I find it interesting that they also make personal products, plus I’m sure it’s good for their image.
Producing interesting original synths at the B price is in my opinion very good for music and musicians.

No i wasn’t.

1 Like

It’s almost two months now since Behringer posted about closing deals with two Kickstarter start ups. Really interested to get more detail on this and to see what else they might do with this sort of thing.

Interesting colour choice. Naturally, it would seem that it’s a nod to PPG. But it’s not.

No that’s this …

Behringer Wave ( thread )

Now that i’ve mentioned that, where is it ? It should be ready to go. It’s not the 3rd Wave but it’s no where near the price.

The Kobol is now fully developed and scheduled for production.

Hopefully soon !!

The morph between waveforms as on the original Kobol should be nice. Looking for a video of this prototype.

6 Likes

Behringer mono with presets - the only kind I’ll ever buy again so this is exciting. I’m tired of patching from scratch on fixed architecture synths, life is too short

1 Like

Never though i would say that one day … too much synthesizers :slight_smile:

Bode Frequency Shifter 1630

This one can have it’s own thread as it is in process of shipping.

This seems to be the first mention of this in the thread although it has been known for a while.

This isn’t going to make an enormous impact on the music world, but on the other hand it does have real use, as an effects unit, and it sounds good. I really can see this also being put in it’s own box and used outside of a Eurorack system too.

2 Likes

I’ve been looking forward to this one and TBH thought it wasn’t going to happen. As an analog pitch shifter the circuitry is apparently quite complex with lots of matching resistors and capacitors required, so it will be interesting to see whether B’s version has trimpots for manual fine tuning and whether this is needed out of the box. A shame they didn’t use the spare panel space for some CV input attenuation knobs like they have on their 100M clones.

2 Likes

BQ-10 ?

How deep is the ocean ? Now stuff shows up without them announcing it. How much more stuff is submarining our way ?

Unknown if this is a product, or even intended as an announcement. It does fit with them actually making stuff for them to decide if they actually want to make it. Deep pocket engineering.

Don’t know but this might not really be a future product.

5 Likes

Cool if they did as I’ve got a few things that I’d love to use that with. Although I’m at the point we’re I assume it’ll just never make it and all their doing is creating mock ups and then making the ones that get the most love.
WHERES THE SYNCUSSION BEHRINGER!

1 Like

In Eurorack they already have three analog sequencers – the 960, 1027, 182.

Plus in the works ?? Their digital sequencer the BCR64.

1 Like

July 17th is a teaser date.

We’re super excited.
We’ll be shipping 4 new synths in July.
Starting July 17th.

From Facebook

5 Likes

uuuuh. what could that be :slight_smile: I am only interested in polyphonic stuff with patch memory that starts with UB. or ends with Xa or similar.

3 Likes

I’m holding out that at least one of the four is something completely new and mostly original.
( Perhaps that’s a long shot, but not impossible. )

3 Likes

Another prototype done without a business plan. The BX700. They are looking for the reaction.

Described on FB as :
a DX7 on steroids as it has an authentic CS-80 analog filter, a drum machine built in and a few other cool features.
Sounds like an engineer, riffing on a theme. Six operator FM, analog filter. Looks good to me.

15 Likes

From Behringer FB :
Marc is actually a pretty cool guy who was deeply involved in the PRO-800. Before I press the send button he said “tell the folks we could make this bad boy also with 8 analog voices, full patch memory and for the same price as the PRO-800.”

So an eight voice polyphonic Moog Source. Again an engineer ( Marc ) riffing on a theme. Behringer is looking for feedback. This is only a mock-up picture, not a prototype.

The original from 1981.

Wow. Ugly as f***. Really?

Edit: referring to the BX700

2 Likes