The AR Feature Request Thread {closed}

I generally take the stance that Elektron know their stuff or that choices are that way for a reason … I think there’s a few off-topic reasons why the selected options are generally well chosen and may artificially seem restrictive i.e. there’s normally a reason behind decisions … that being said, we’ve all had a similar thought before as it’s perhaps a desirable request so i’d suggest my little workaround which is maybe not always deployable …

:black_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle:

if you want the first trig to have an inverted X:Y say 1:4 so that it plays 3 out of 4 times (see caveat)*

then put the following TRCs down
Trig 1 TRC = Not:Pre (or the inverse truth of the previous TRC checked)
if seq Trig step 16 is empty then create a Trigless Lock
Trigless.Trig 16 TRC = 1:4

:black_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::radio_button:

This will give you want you want (except first pass for this example) if you have a spare Trig (it needn’t be the preceding Trig, it just needs to be the last TRC evaluated on any spare step)

*so it works if a step is free to abuse with a potential anomaly on the first pass

2 Likes

This is a nice workaround! Did not think about trigless locks.

Thank you!

Karsten

1 Like

I’d like something very simple -

Each pad responds to a midi note, all on the same Midi Channel.

So RYTM is set to Midi Channel 10 and BD1 -= note 36, SD2 = note 38, RS3 = note 37 etc.
This would make it much simpler to play from an external source (I use Cirklon as my main sequencer).

That is all.

@cram1960 it already does that. There is an octave range, I forget which, which can trigger each pad on the same midi channel.

2 Likes

indeed, it’s midi notes 0-11

2 Likes

This thread was started 4 months after the original general AR feature request thread … it’s getting messy now similar points are independently popping up in each one

Use the original thread from here on in - I’ll link back to this one too from there

AR FR Thread