AR Analog Rytm feature request thread

A bit premature, but some of you are going to want moar than it delivers anyway.

[Moderator’s Note : A separate FRS Thread has been closed to allow the discussion to play out on this one which was started 4 months prior, please have a look through it here(below) if you want to cross reference]

1 Like

wheels, so it can roll.

2 Likes

no 808 cowbell please!

3 Likes

aahhhhahaha! im with you

Hows the Price?? That was very interessing for me. The machine is so good.

A real sequencer:

• able to change from one pattern to another on the fly, just by pressing a pad, and without waiting the end of the current pattern
  • able to randomize the current track programming, like the RS7000 did: not random function (I think it’s useless and obsolete), but with many algorithms
  • able to send/receive/transmit midi CC, PC
  • that can be programmed on the fly, not only step by step using the grid
  • that can be corrected with precision: I need to be able to change anything (instrument, tone, vel, etc…) easily

Without these types of specs, I won’t buy it. I don’t care of analog sound, or hippy pads with colours. For me, a good drum machine is mainly a good and easy to use sequencer. Exactly the contrary of the MD or OT sequencer.

3 Likes

I’m hoping that all samples are in one big pool that you can pick and choose from rather than MD banks or OT sample lists.

2 Likes

i hope they can give it an ‘h’ or two :wink:

1 Like

D-beam

3 Likes

Pad-pressure modulations:

eg, do a drum fill by pressing a pad and modulating the repeat rate - stuff like that will make this the bestestest analog drum machine ever.

1 Like

That would be sweet imo

1 Like

Can it burn CDs? I will not be able to use it in my live set if it does not, part of my act depends on me burning a CD while I’m playing and then putting it inside a microwave to create stage lighting effects.

Also yes wheels so I can fire my road crew. Bastards.

9 Likes

this.,… plus" legato " mode for pattern switching - so yes, hoping the pads are switchable between modes.
[ol]
[li]Trigger pads[/li]
[li]Keyboard[/li]
[li]Pattern Switching[/li]
[li]Algorithmic sequencer functions[/li]
[li]FX triggers [/li]
[/ol]

Feature request:
a coffee cup holder at the side would be fine

1 Like

MIDI sequencer.

2 Likes

And a start/stop button. If this button is not present, I’ll go fishing.

1 Like

i think the pads (and pressure) are going to be a great way to do multiple locks at once. i mean you can easily press four pads with different pressure (pinky is kinda tricky :slight_smile: ) while holding down a trig.

i would love step probability and retrig probability (modifiable by LFO as well)

Want:

– Pads to send midi CC so they can control OT and A4 (and analog modular stuff via A4)

– Modern sample rates, not the 12-bit downgrading of the MDUW or the 16/44.1 constraints of the MPC 1000

– Separate outs like on the MD

– The same midi sequencer that’s in the OT, with the same abilities to sequence external gear (not holding my breath in this one)

– CV outs. But I realize this probably is not the scope of this machine, or it would cross over into A4 territory. Likewise it will probably not have “normal” synth capabilities like the Tempest.

– CV ins. Something that should have been implemented already on the A4. I want cv --> midi godammit!

1 Like

Request to Stop making me battle with my wife about unavoidable gear purchases… hasn’t happened yet but its on the cards and she knows it… :sob:

1 Like