The Analog Four Notebook

MKI MKII and Keys all covered

2 Likes

Huuumm ! I will check it, thanks

1 Like

It says so right there on the cover, and in the first post of the thread.

1 Like

Indeed

1 Like

From Page 123: “* Latch fill mode ON: MkI, use [PAGE] + [YES] then release [PAGE] first followed by [YES]. Press [PAGE] to unlatch. MkII, use [FILL] + [YES] then release [FILL] first followed by [YES] to unlatch.”

I cant get this to work and have looked in the manual and its not mentioned. Does this work for anyone else?

1 Like

Hope that you do one for the Octatrack MK2 that has given me way more grief to learn than the A4.

2 Likes

Watto, I rechecked and walked through the steps on MKI which worked ok for me. I made a video for you to show it with manual fill, latched one cycle and latched. Make sure rec is off by the way and that you follow key presses in exact order. I show page + yes and yes + page (only the latter is correct)

1 Like

I’m on mkII and its different! found the solution here though…

To latch fill on A4 mkII you hold func and double-tap fill(fill lights up white), to unlatch press fill again.

3 Likes

Whats the procedure for single cycle latch on MKII?

if you mean “cue fill” its func+fill. if thats pressed during playback, fill button flashes red til the end of the pattern and then stays lit red for the next cycle thought the pattern while fill is latched. If its pressed before playback is started fill just stays lit red for the first time through the pattern as fill is latched.

Do you cover how to use chains and song mode? That part is the most confusing aspect of mastery toward the A4.

Yes Chains and Song has a chapter.

Just ordered. Thx @iceritchie for the valuable resource.

1 Like

I purchased this the other day as well. Your notebooks are as essential to me as Decksavers!

1 Like

Ordered !

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback and support

Your doc is really clear! I better understood how the tracks are distributed in poly mode. BUT when will this choice change some things in the behavior of sounds?
And just one point i don’t understand… in REASSIGN Mode. I don’t understand why you say “Starting again from… voice A as the one most recently available.” Why A and not C (if voice D isn’t released) ? C isn’t the most recently available ?

English isn’t my first language so i guess i missing the point.

Yeah very difficult o explain. The examples will always rely on where it is i the ‘usage cycle’ where the example could be different. The most relevant part is allocation on when a voice has become available as opposed together (unison), cyclically (rotate) and note order (reset)

2 Likes

Are you talking about FM in ?
Thanks.

that’s basically just the manual in another font, not worth the 3 eur