The Analog Four MK1 is NOT Dead!

Title says it all. Dont let get GAS fool you :wink:

Cheers

11 Likes

uh yeah

1 Like

I can make the same sounds in the video in Garage Bandā€™s synth :slight_smile: Better sounds actually.

But you canā€™t touch the sequencer and encoders in Garageband. Thatā€™s the point about hardware.

3 Likes

I know. Just that the video showed some sound that I can do an a free synth app. I totally agree about the sequencer and encoders.

God dammit <3.

Thank you :3

<3 <3 <3

This is beautiful

1 Like

0"33 epicā€¦

2 Likes

Why would it be?
If you liked it before you would like it now, and if you didnā€™t you still wonā€™t.
Last time I checked synths donā€™t self combust when an updated model is released.

4 Likes

Iā€™m about to get one to pair with my Octatrack :slight_smile:
should be here in a couple of days, canā€™t wait to play with it!

the mk1 is so goddamn cheap right now, I would buy two instead of one mk2

3 Likes

hell, yeah!! :smiley:

yep, prices are damn low these days. ive seen people here in germany taking their analog four out of the market again - probably because they see no reason to sell it off. i see no reason in that either. cant really understand the ā€œhypeā€ about the new MK2. i still love my MK1 with its damaged Page Button :slight_smile: its with me for years and has never let me down. no reason to get rid of something you are satisfied with. just because theres something new :wink:

Why should it be dead? Itā€™s just that for some the enjoyment or utility they get out of using an MK2 outweighs the cost of upgrading and for others it doesnā€™t. My IPhone SE didnā€™t magically stop working either the moment IPhone X was announced and yet others are queuing around the block to get one. Different strokes for different folksā€¦

3 Likes

A good synth isnā€™t dead until itā€™s unrepairable, I think they get better with age, like wineā€¦ :wine_glass:

2 Likes

yeah, youre right! that glass of wine was missing in the second part of my video! i have to apologize! :totes:

This is a sincere observation: I sincerely respect the strength of your disposition if you donā€™t feel the teensiest bit of lustre comes off a MK1 something when a MK2 is released.

2 Likes

Haha yeah I guess you would say it is wounded rather than dead

Yes because your shitty old SH-101 is monophonic :wink:

2 Likes

im totally with you guys. but i still felt the need to point this out. i dont wanna know how many people are craving for the MK2 now and are selling their MK1ā€™s - without even giving them a chance. they are distracted by the GAS - i want to open their eyes again :wink:

2 Likes

It really is. Iā€™ll take it off your hands, to save space and all