That RYTM 1.70 Sound

little thing with the Rytm 1.7 slowly becoming my favorite groove box.

synths:
Bass: Raw
Leads: Chip + cowbell

HH: OH classic

BD: sample
SD: sample

33 Likes

Nice little groove and great snare! Is that Acoustic?

Thanks! Yes it’s all internal sequencing, muting and unmuting pads. I haven’t really used songmode on the rytm. Tried a few times but always preferred using the pads and scene mode for arranging.

I have to finish this one and then i’ll put it online with some similar stuff

1 Like

Thanks! The snare is the new UT Noise machine

and also
BT Classic & XT Classic for basslines
OH Classic & HH Lab for hihats
CB Classic for melody sequence & CB Metallic for fx sound
SY Raw for pad sound
SY Chip for dubby sound (in intro)
2 x SY Chip for arpeggios

6 Likes

Just the analog part of Rytm in this short demo, no external processing either:

25 Likes

I’m a very big fan of the new machines, here’s another little jam i did with them:

and also trying some of the great tips from this topic:

22 Likes

Sweet dark little romp

How’d you get that shimmering/icey pad?

Cheers, that should be UT Noise with self oscillating filter, with some LFO modulation.

7 Likes

Atm i’m challenged to make jams with only the (new) analog machines. Still very much digging the update.
(added a little de-mudding after recording)

15 Likes

Rytm Jam a9/Dec23

I’ve been using the BT to try and get a decent kick and free up the synth possibilities on the lower 4 slots, and try a bit more creativity rather than using samples (not that sampling isn’t creative) and beefing up a 909 feel for some House/Techno tracks. I’ve been soaking up @pokk’s videos too and generally getting my mind in order for a load of groundwork.

Anyway, this is a recording of something I cobbled together earlier. I could probably use more fills, p-locks, performance buttons etc, but mute button edits on a desk or machine are just fine to help with thoughts for now…

2 Likes

Niiice! Some cool resonances later in the track.

The synth possibilities has definitely opened up with the update. I found even before trying to get good synth sounds out of the Rytm pushed me to balance things differently in the machine to get it to come alive more. Main distortion and high distortion on the delay, even though it doesn’t sound distorted, along with gain staging, really transforms the Rytm.

Keep em coming. Great hearing this kinda electronic music on the same box Inspiring!

1 Like

Incredible. Are the arps the SY Chip or whatever the sid synth is??

1 Like

really digging the Rytm and OT combo a lot. I think with Virus TI2, Rytm and OT an unbeatable trio!

Cheers! Yes the arps are 2x SY Chip and the arpy basslines are 2x CB Metallic

1 Like

just a DnB exercise on the rytm. hope you enjoy.

all sounds internal except for 3 vocal samples and one sampled chord.

mix 2 :

25 Likes

A little jam with BD Acoustic, SY Raw, SY Chip, HH lab and two samples (cymbal and rumble)

27 Likes

I’ve been listening to all the Tracks in this thread and I can say that everything is good and sounds really really good in my headphones. Elektron has done a tremendous and marvelous fine tuning job on the Rytm, it really sounds better and is more easy to work with. Bravo Elektron!

This is another contribution. Rytm only. Enjoy!
120 BPM

30 Likes

Love it. Thanks for posting :slight_smile:

May i ask what machines you used for the different parts? And did you use samples?

2 Likes

Kick : BD Silky
Bass : SY Chip
CH : CH Classic
OH : OH Classic
Snare : SD Acoustic
Lead : SY Raw
And 2 Factory Samples

2 Likes

Thank you @videomusik! :heart::pray: