Thanks Elektron [Customer Service]

Just a little note to say thank you to Elektron’s Customer Service.

I bought a used, out of warranty Digitakt from a fellow naut - all works lovely of course - but I immediately noticed a wonky settings button.

I have 3 other Elektron boxes with the same button so my eyes swirled and I sent a photo to Customer Service so I could get a replacement.

“No” said Christian “That’s not meant to look like that - let us send you a free replacement? And could you let us know the Serial Number to inform our QA team?”

Very kind I thought, especially as I bought it second hand and didn’t affect its function. I was expecting to pay for it

Then I thought to ask “While you’re posting me a button, would I be able to purchase the T1 to T4 buttons from an Octatrack to black out my Digitone?” I’ve been wanting to pick some up for a while since seeing some other chaps on here doing the same, but I knew shipping was £8, so I wanted to wait until I’d bought something else.

Christian did not let me buy these buttons. :disappointed:

Christian put them in the package for free. :open_mouth:

This wasn’t the outcome I was expecting, but it’s very much appreciated.

I know that Elektron are backlogged at the moment with repairs from the summer, so had I needed a physical fix I would have been in a longer queue, but I appreciate that members of staff like Christian are able to find the time to respond to non-urgent service queries promptly and generously.

Thanks guys. :+1:

27 Likes

the track buttons in black looking great on the DN…

(imagine the bottom trigs row also in black :open_mouth: :bat:)

2 Likes

Genuinely amazed that I didn’t once notice that the whole time I had it.

5 Likes

There aren’t any Elektron boxes with that size / shape buttons in black that also have 9 to 16 on them or I’d have done it.

The only option is to replace all 16 with the black keys from an Analog 4 keyboard and not have any numbers at all.

Edit. I was wrong. So, so wrong.

are those not the same size?

3 Likes

…I was trying not to name and shame…

…but yeah. You’re a monster.

3 Likes

WAIT. WHAT?!

I knew there was a reason the Digitone Keys looked so bloody good

1 Like

I feel I’m the only forum member that prefers the coloured and b+w over the all black colour ways. I now regret getting the black OT and AR. I bought them around the time of transition when grey were still available new but didn’t appreciate how the lack of contrast would affect my usability. If Elektron had the T5-T8 buttons in multiple colours, I’d modify my Octatrack. I’m tempted to do it just for T1-T4 and to put up with the lop-sidedness of it :smiley:

I’m happy y’all are happy with your all black ones tho’. It’s great how Elektron are so supportive of their customers.

Now the Settings logo looks a little off to the right. :innocent: :rofl:

5 Likes

Hahaha stop it you!

3 Likes

It’s your fault that I now have £35 worth of buttons on the way…

1 Like

waiting for the pics!

1 Like

Some more photos of the key swaps shared here: Color? We don't need no stinkin' color!

I really like the DN track key colors at home and personally find the all black photos I’ve seen make it feel like it has lost some element of character.

However, and I think this might just be a personal deficiency of some sort, I’ve had the opportunity to integrate it into some low stakes performances lately and I have experienced this sort of visual or mental friction due to the colors and inconsistent LED bleed through the keycaps.

It’s as if I’m carrying over experience from some other gear and searching for information from the keycap color that just isn’t there. Maybe it’s something I’ll get used to but I ordered the caps to see if that just sorts it out.

That’s interesting! Let us know how you get on with the all-matching set.

1 Like

DT looks sweet murdered out!

The guys at the customer service HQ are definitely top notch, and will respond to many outlandish conspiracies you may have formulated regarding the OT. :sweat_smile:

Good people! :muscle:

2 Likes

Why not 2 sets of T1-T4?

Given that I can’t read the numbers from any comfortable distance, that’s a good idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think it would look pretty awesome to have the 2 banks of 4 colours either side of the screen.

If (when) I get a black Octatrack, I may do this myself :slight_smile:

1 Like

RustyRoses Did you switch some knobs on the AH as well?