Teenage Engineering TX-6 Mixer

I wish I had a SSL Six or even better a SSL BIg Six

1 Like

Anyone using the TX-6 with an iPad or iPhone? Could you tell me what shows up in something like AUM when the TX-6 is connected to it? What does the app see as I/O for MultiTracking?

Thatā€™s it. A SD Card slot is missing. Iā€™m pretty sure canā€™t sleep tonight just because of that.

āŠ™ļ¹āŠ™

1 Like

ufffff really thinking of buying a TX-6

can someone please prevent me from buying it haha (or not):

1. how do the fx sound (reverb, etc). better or worse than the octatrack :wink:

2. the new clock detect from audio feature. once it syncs, how can you send that midi clock from the TX-6 out to other synths? only the USB-C port? so you need a usb-c to MIDI DIN converter and then a splitter if you have multiple synths?

3. The TX-6 can record to usb, nice. can it also play audio files from the USB stick?

4. does it have filters that you can tweak live easily (for each channel)? and kill switches?

5. how long does the battery last when using it in a dawless setup as a mixer?

6. if simultaneously connected to a laptop via usb-c, does it automatically charge during use?

7. I understand this thing has a send / return for fx pedals. how many sends/returns? only one out?

any more tremendous/awesome features that will push me towards buying?
i intend to use it for mini dawless setups on the dinner table (currently have an op-1 field, elektron syntakt, octatrack, two roland boutiques).

to people who are interested in the TX-6, what makes it more desirable than a RME UCX 2 ?
i am lusting for the RME to multitrack my live sets but I donā€™t have the money yet. the TX-6 sounds nice too, but almost too tiny for my taste

Definetly better, I think the fx in general sound really niceā€¦ my least favorite is the distortion, every preset is all over the place on that fx.

USB-C, BLE Clock and Analog Clock (for eurorack and PO)

The usb recording is my least used feature, so I actually donā€™t know. I know that you can playback what you have just recorded and jam over that.

It has per track filter, but it is more for removing unwanted frequencies from tracks. There is a resonant filter as an FX as well.

6 hours if I remember correctly.

Yes

Two outs, one aux and one que. With AUX you can send individual send level with QUE you chose which tracks to send

1 Like

thank you so much for your time.

iā€™m afraid Iā€™m going to have to buy one.
I already have a playdifferently model 1. beauty, but such a beast to travel with and I find myself just noodling with a few synths on the dinner table at night so this would be perfect for that. first world problems, I know.

last question:

• what case do you use when traveling with the TX-6? I read the Tula Mic case is a good option? I read negative comments about the TE case

I use the TE soft bagā€¦ I read there was one user who had one which didnā€™t fit, but I havenā€™t heard anyone else with that issue. It works fine for me. But if your looking for a hard case then that Tula case is probably a better bet.

1 Like

Pelican 1010. I think it was $25

7 Likes

Case Logic for ssd hard driveā€¦ iā€™m not using the TEā€¦

Another optionā€¦ A compact camera caseā€¦ Is what i use for Tula Micā€¦ it fits, but i have to disconnect the output jack to feel safe enough.

The three togetherā€¦

Iā€™d love to get the Pelicanā€¦ but the CaseLogic feels secure to me and with enogh room to throw some cables and memory-sticks inside it.

BTW i use other logiccases like this for the P.O. 'sā€¦ 7ā‚¬ in Amazon

3 Likes

I am quite new to the tx-6 but Iā€™ll try to answer this.

So far I think thereā€™s not much internal routing. You can only use the aux as a send and then return it into one of the 6 stereo channels.
You can send different tracks to the aux in varying amounts.

I havenā€™t used it with AUM, but you can select to either use it as a 2in/12out, or 2in/2out interfaceā€¦oh and also as just 12out interface as well I believe.

I just got a Tula Mic recently, and if anything it has made me realize that the size of the TX-6 might be more manageable than I thought. I can imagine that Tula mic would be a perfect companion for it!

nice thanks everyone, the logic case looks fine!

So one last check/question before I buy a TX-6 hah.

Say; I want to make a quick little dinner-table setup with my 2 roland boutiques (Ju-06a, SH-01a), a syntakt for beats, and my op-1 field.

Ofcourse I can connect all the audio outputs of them to the TX-6. But what If iā€™d like the TX-6 (or the OP-1 field) to be the master clock? can I sync the boutiques/syntakt to them? I probably need additional hardware for that? Still trying to figure out what the TX-6 brings to the table for such a setup besides just being a tiny mixerā€¦

You can sync via Clock, USB or BLE.

So you can use something like a kingston Nucleum and both sync all of the devices via USB and use the other USB port for audio into a computerā€¦

Or you can sync TX-6 with OP-1 via BLE (No Clock via BLE for OP-1 though, so make sure to match the tempos) and then have OP-1 send midi clock to the boutiques via USB

If you have one of the boutiques with analog sync then you can sync them via the QUE output on the TX-6

So there are some options, easiest is to have something like. RK-006 though

Edit:
You could also send transport from TX-6 to OP-1 via BLE and then send midi clock and transport from op-1 to one of the Boutiques and then send midi din from one boutique to the other then have TX-6 beat match from a track. So TX-6 would be transport master and OP-1 clock masterā€¦

4 Likes

Or donā€™t worry about syncing and call your music ā€œexperimentalā€

5 Likes

Hey, I just tried this out and couldnā€™t get it to workā€¦itā€™s actually something I hoped was possible, as the TX-6 only has one USB port. Is it something that is is still in beta?

The only way I can get TX-6 to be recognized as an interface on the Mac is to have the Nucleumā€™s only plug (USB-C) connected to the Mac & TX-6 connected to one of Nucleumā€™s ports. But it seems, when I connect the other devices to the Nucleumā€™s ports, they donā€™t transfer MIDI to each other.

However, if I connect the Nucleumā€™s plug to the TX-6 I see an H in the TX-6ā€™s USB menu (I guess that stands for HUB)ā€¦but I donā€™t see the TX-6 as an audio interface on my Mac, when hooking this contraption up to to the Mac via another USB cable.

What am I missing?

You would have to use software on the Mac to route the MIDI between connected devices.

In this case, it looks like the TX-6 has become a host of some kind, so it can no longer be ā€œhostedā€ by the Mac.

1 Like

I dont have a Nucleum myself do i havent tried it. But TE had officiellt stated that Nucleum Works with the TX-6.

So i would guess that @Mistercharlie is on to something

1 Like

Yeah, thatā€™s what Iā€™ve done so farā€¦
Too badā€¦I thought there would be another way :slight_smile: