Teenage Engineering OD-11

Is it still worth it?

Really depends how you plan to use it, and what you compare it too.

I considered it, but did not go for it because it did not work with my streaming service of choice (Deezer).

It’s a good looking high quality device though.

/thomas

I’ve had one for some years now and I adore it. Sounds fantastic and works flawlessly.

It was, however, about £300 cheaper when I bought it. And even then, exorbitantly expensive.

technically it´s a little bit outdated. audiowise there are a lot of others (better) choices. (audiopro which supports nearly everything with outstanding audioquality).

if you are after the te-design, i don´t know many other options. maybe the braun le speakers, which unfortunately are tested with a poor sound…but they look nice!

Thanks everyone for the insights so far. As I would like to stream via AirPlay it seems to be a good choice. However regarding the price I am pretty unsure to buy one.

TE updated the OD-11 to Airplay 2. Bought one online yesterday. Can’t wait. (✯◡✯)

1 Like

Got mine. Have to return. No possibilty to turn it OFF with a button. Lacks Bass.

Got an used OD-11 from bhphoto bc it was $599 to replace my tv sound bar. Kinda love the form factor versus my sound bar and subwoofer.

Followed TE guidebook and it’s pretty clearly broken, random fast clicking, bluetooth connection goes in and out. Did factory reset, tried all the different ways to connect to it.

:point_right: Anyone have an issue and problem solve it somehow tho? This thing will be a pain to ship back, not sure if bhphoto covers shipping w/defective units. Pretty disappointed they’d ship a used unit without testing.

Or is there just a way better tv speaker option for $599?

1 Like