Teenage Engineering EP-133 K.O. II

Just picked one up in store at Goodhood London. They had 5 in yesterday. 2 now left

1 Like

Lol, I thought you said “goodwill” and thought that’d be a record for the quickest demise of a product ever.

9 Likes

Touch wood - but zero issues on this (2nd batch)…Packaging totally fine - no dents from the fader, fader works great, no scratches, unit came out easily enough…So much fun too! Very immediate and easy to use.

4 Likes

tried to sample the one year olds at work yesterday but those kids get stage fright the moment you hold anything up to them and ask them to say something. they were enamored by the look of the 133 tho, wish i was more confident about letting them touch it lol

“No touching please!” :smile:

Sorry to ask such a newbie question, but I tried and failed to find a list of the EP-133 punch-in FXs.

I’m feeling like I’m missing something easy. And one of my students is stuck on this one.

If anyone has a link or a rundown of the Punch-In FXs, it would be perfect!

Cheers.

1 Like

someone made a list in the tips and tricks thread.

1 Like

Thanks!

Finally got my shipping email.

What’s the consensus on this unit? How is it workflow wise compared to digitakt or sp-404 or similar?

Simple workflow with a couple quirks that take getting used to. Less features than the other units, so less to deal with. Embrace the simplicity and it is quite rewarding.

6 Likes

Had some great fun making this boom bapish ditty today!

Live recording it made me really wish for a chain scene feature. It’s pretty weird that the po-33 has that feature but this doesn’t. Chaining patterns and recording punch in fx is probably what I miss most in this device. Probably because it’s predecessor had those functions.

8 Likes

I have to hand it to TE. They really thought about the form factor on the KO2. Its just the right size to live on my desk or bring into another room and due to the fun factor being pretty high I end up using it all the time regardless of its limitations.

6 Likes

Yep and parameter locks!

Yes! And it boots up so quickly and my rechargeables last a surprisingly long time.

1 Like

Fanboy case arrived damaged

I’ve heard this reference here a few times. What is the fanboy case?

@te-david
What happened with the dollars/euros conversion there?

One of my students was complaining about the 300$ for the US market and 350€ for Europe (when conversion is mostly around the 270ish€ mark).

Got me curious!
(Not a bash, I’m genuinely curious)

Cheers.

2 Likes

VAT. US does not have VAT.

2 Likes

That’s what I thought - but wanted to make sure, since it is not made clear.
The poor soul was skeptical. He discovered VAT at 18yo!

Anyways.

Thanks for the input!

thats sounds like some intern level c++ programming issue