Teenage Engineering EP-133 K.O. II

Are those components rusting? Should they look that manky?

To get production costs & keep the retail price as low as possible did TE buy one motherlode of cheap components and now have a few years worth of crappy faders?
(…which I’m pretty sure they’ll keep using).

I’m sure some will be wanting to part with their cash (again) to buy a x3 expensive Field version…y’know, one that works. Maybe this is what this is; a gateway device to get folk hooked on the experience before TE announces that a field version is available with 100 new features including a brand new font colour.

1 Like

That’s one ace add-on!

I’ve been trying to flog mine as it remains un-used. I’d love it if there was a DMX add-on.

Reading this thread is somewhat of a rollercoaster when you have a defective unit. Every time someone posts a fix/debug/workflow about the fader, it almost make me wish that my fader is not dead.
Alas, for now, it definitely is!

Bit nice-ish to see that, although the manual seems a bit of a mess, there are fixes for almost everything.

1 Like

Yeah. And I figure the practical thing to do is keep the RMA open for the full return period so that if something later warrants a return, it’ll be ready to go. If the RMA never arrives, I expect the seller doesn’t even notice much less care, and I’m spared looking like a doofus. win-win.

1 Like

hey, this unit would be great for us to have a look at, pls drop a mail to our support and we’ll ensure to get you sorted.

after this happened, have you tried sampling to it, do they bite and persist after a power-cycle?

17 Likes

hey jim, no we only buy brand new parts.

all units are of course fully function-tested, both by a human and later also a robot moving the fader, turning knobs to ensure a raw material issue wouldn’t slip into a product unnoticed

the issue why some units unfortunately arrived with the faders broken was a combination of packaging and transport. resolved going forward.

34 Likes

Brave man @te-david :laughing:

Fair play for getting involved :handshake:

10 Likes

will be fixed in a coming update!

27 Likes

Oh gosh.
So many questions.

First, nice to see someone at TE coming here to help sort out this one!

Do you guys have any ETA on replacement units?
Any timeframe on RMAs?
Will you guys change the packaging going forward (so replacement units are not DOA too?)

Gotta say, classy move to come here and make the best out of these DOA faders!

2 Likes

Want Live FX to work on Audio In signal

there is a 5th aux-send to the master FX, in [main], turn up the Y-knob to control send-amount for the line-in signal!
punch-in will not work as most of them work in a combination of the midi+audio-domain.

Want ability to archive projects-is there a way to mount the KO to the desktop so we can save our Projects?

we’re looking at adding some sort of backup and factory-sound restore to the ep sample utility

TE fix your QC issues so you can focus on the software

noted! believe it or not, but quality is what we care most about.

More EP instruments now that we have this beautiful one.

:nerd_face:

20 Likes

glad to see david in here.
i think, now this post is becoming the top one with david here.
paired with the ess ones.

2 Likes

Lol sent yesterday a cancel order request and today they sent the shipping notification, kinda suspicious. Will probably get a broken fader and speaker and sticky buttons too ^^

happy to!

we will of course prioritize getting early RMA’s replaced asap.
people that got theirs via a store or online retailers should contact them first to check if they have spares in stock.

orders via teenage.engineering web direct should reply the order-email or send one to customer support.

yes! lesson learned, idea was to keep the packaging lean and for online-shipments pad as needed, wasn’t the case always… we already implemented a fix in the gift-box to make the fader protected from 1m+ drops.

8 Likes

Any possibility of resampling or recording while the sequencer is playing? These are the main reasons I haven’t ordered one so far.

@te-david Thanks for showing up here

2 Likes

Great to see taking ownership of the issue with packaging

I got mine from Juno uk so hoping they have access to replacement units

2 Likes

Thanks for this clarification. Much needed!

Already talked with support. And although I already talked with my reseller, I usually know your CS to be on point.

But talking to you right now is just what this community needed, I truly think.

Nice and classy move. This simple touch means a lot to anyone - even happy owners!

5 Likes

…and if you do happen to have any kind of estimate on when we can expect new batches, that would probably seal the deal for most DOA units owners.

Mid-December? Mid-January?
Would mean the world to get an estimate of when to expect full resolution!

not at the moment. the hardware is obviously not an octa-core snapdragon, but it would be great, agree, time will tell.

10 Likes

We seems to hav lost Punch FX recording like on the PO 33 is there a reason or I’m I just not read the manual properly? ( sorry it takes tme to digest all functions ) and an option to set recording after say 1 or 2 Bar lenght so no Trim necessary unless we want so ( perfect loop )? THANKS