Techno Tuesdays by Dave Mech

Heya fellow Elektronauts!

In this topic I’ll post Techno Tuesday video’s. It’s going to be a series of videos released on most Tuesdays.
These video’s will contain mostly jams, but might also contain video’s on sound design for techno, live sets, and videos on how I made certain remixes or tracks for instance.

This first video contains a Techno jam featuring a bass made from a door. Explanation during the video. Features Digitakt and a Xone DB4. Enjoy!

Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel for more :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Ha, I use the term Tech Tuesdays, to describe the days when I do stuff like sorting out my files/resoldering cables etc. Techno Tuesday is much cooler.

Sounding great, sick use of the xone. Such a big sound out of only two boxes!

1 Like

Loving this : Dave Mech - Heliosheath (Near Earth Object Remix)

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the very kind words Jack! The db4 is an amazing piece of gear :slight_smile:
Tech Tuesdays sounds good, do you solder diy circuits as well like eurorack?

@OverUnity cheers dude, thanks! forwarded it to my dear friend N.E.O. who did the remix as well.

2 Likes

And your excellent tutorial/demonstration vid really sells it too! Giving my rusty old Mackie the side eye as a result.

I recently soldered a RE-303 kit, looking forward to DinSyncs SH-101 clone kit coming out this week too. Have been avoiding eurorack (cough cough money grave) for a while :stuck_out_tongue:

Btw, what made you decide the DB4 over the DB2? Was just looking them up but couldn’t find too many difference, but half the price…

1 Like

Haha that’s wise of you to pass on eurorack for now :smiley:

I went for the db4 because it has a looper per channel as well as a whole fx unit per channel. The db2 has 2 seperately fx units which you can assign to channels. The db4 has 2 multimode filters as well. So overall the db4 a lot more flexible and has more functionality.
Glad you liked the review/tutorial as well! Cheers

2 Likes

Heya! Super busy with preparations for Amsterdam Dance Event, so don’t have that much time for bigger videos like the sampling ones. But I do record practice sessions so perfect timing to give this intended series a boot. Hope you enjoy this short excerpt of my liveset. Don’t forget to visit my channel for more and hit subscribe. Greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

4 Likes