Techno so stale and generic that originator don't know his own work

I think making music is an enjoyable past time it’s therapeutic Bach wasn’t concerned with copyright. Look at what the government have done to the spring season music from Vivaldi. He’s probably turning in his grave.

I have sympathy for Jeff Mills in this case. I remember that I found wav files with great titels like “120329_2.wav” on my hard drive, pretty sure that these were ambient tracks that I recorded years ago. I uploaded them on soundcloud and asked some people who know my music well if they are familiar with the tracks. One of the tracks was part of an album that I released 10 years ago and the other one unreleased. I did a unlisted upload to youtube to check if it rings any bells but nothing happened. When I finish a track or an album I don´t listen to it anymore and move on to new projects. So yes, it is possible that you forget what you recorded or mistake another person´s track for your own.

3 Likes

Why?

There is a history lesson in the blue potential:

Detroit techno was originally modelled on and influenced by classical music repetitions. Mainly Classical music embedded into sci fi film soundtracks with electronic music.

Each member of the orchestra is somewhat like a “machine.” Blar blar, I could go on.

I’m not arguing against the principle or the why and how it’s done. It’s just that the result is incredibly bad to my ears, because one instrument doesn’t blend with the rest of the orchestra and the orchestra wasn’t meant for these compositions. Take “the bells”: masterpiece of techno music. Once given the orchestra+909 treatment, this turns into a ridiculous cartoon music.

3 Likes

The story maybe true, and if some tracks are produced in a certain genere, the intent is often to create similar sounding tracks.

So i would seek in distinction between labels - because the label gives the identity to the artist crew.

I don’t see something wrong with it.

1 Like

Firstly, this post comes across as super judgey… Secondly, I bought this 12" EP and the imposter track is the best track on it, I’m waiting for it to increase in value like a misprinted stamp… Thirdly, it does sound like a quintessential Mills track. Fourthly, anyone who is calling techno stale and generic obviously doesnt listen to current techno because there are artists that are seriously pushing boundaries… Fifthly, playing Tresor in the 90’s doesn’t make your opinion any more relvant…

1 Like

I’m eagerly keeping an eye on discogs hahaa. So far none of the sellers mention the misprint.

Yeah I don’t know, there was some top notch damage control going on by Mills in this case, the whole thing seems so “alright” to me. In some way I’m not surprised that this happens; like previous people said, a big part of techno is (was?) to shift the focus from the single person towards a more communal spirit. Both for the creators and the consumers, hands and ears. But then again it’s easy to phrase it that “culture” way, because the situation was handled pretty nicely. I guess there’s more talk about law and intellectual property in the fraud cases others mentioned here.

Calm down dude. If you’d read the whole thread you’d realize I don’t disrespect Mills in any way. I listen to current techno.

Last time I played Tresor was 2016 I guess and I never claimed my opinion is the universal truth

Enjoy your record but the Swedish Mills copycat clearly doesn’t push any boundaries.

I amazed he got away with it for so long!

Never stop dreaming :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah, Mr. FLOD is the shit. He and Mr. ARTS label boss Emmanuel are the perfect display of everything that’s wrong within techno industry.

I do hope they‘re to be considered wrong in every other industry too!

Sure. But in this case we don’t talk about blues or drum ‘n’ bass, innit?

would add AXIS 6b: H&M Drama Remixe … still one classic you can play on today`s Techno Floor too.

I´m following Emmanuel for a long time on Facebook. beside that Tresor thing, he raised some very good question about music industry and the hole thing. There are so many things going strange ways in the music business.

1 Like

What a piece of human trash, ahaha…

1 Like

I’m perfectly calm, dude.

I did read the whole thread and it did seem very judgemental. Plus calling a whole genre stale because one artist mislabled a track, really?

dubdub over at subsekt was kind enough to share more ARTS/Emmanuel inspiration vs plagiarism shite with these two tracks. Think a lot of people are saying it’s sampled, but seems to be a blatant remake of the track.

The original:

The ARTS Track:

What Emmanuel had to say…

Emmanuel Beddewela: So basically Mike Parker - FDW Donato Dozzy Remix sounds exactly the same Judas - Unsaid IX? With all the respect Due to Donato and his amazing music, You guys need to check the otolaryngologist, a good one.

Emmanuel Beddewela: Nice try, but he don’t sample at all. Guys if you think that those 2 sounds smilar, you have some serious problems.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/spaziodisponibilemusic

2 Likes

Had my otolaryngologist check it out. They totally poached that track, he says.

thx for sharing
Cheers!

1 Like

Emmanuel is a complete fraud. I still can’t grasp that lots of artists still release music on his plagiARTS label. His frauds are well documented.