Technique for working with Digitakt and Syntakt

I’ve been using both for a while but wonder how others work with two Electron boxes? No problem syncing the boxes via a midi cable for playback, but I find it painful when I’m trying to write music and record a sequence on one box, then swap over to record a sequence on the other.

Also I can’t get metronome pre-roll to work across more than one box - and from googling it looks like it doesn’t, is this really the case?

I generally have a little midi keyboard to DT midi in, DT midi out to ST in, and for recording midi to ST tracks, I use a MIDI channel on DT sent to ST auto channel. Pre-roll bars aren’t going to go from one box to another, but you can press play and stop on the midi follower instrument independently even with everything synced to work from a count-in on one box.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip, I’ll try using a midi channel. I use a keystep 37
Very frustrating about the pre-roll I guess I’ll have to let everything play over once before I start to record.

You can also switch between rehearsing and recording without stopping playback, I usually just hit Rec + Play around bar 3 to record in a line.

1 Like

I’ve got it set up with the midi channel now, thanks for the tip. I’m now trying to figure out how I record squences from my keystep in sync without a preroll.