TC Electronic JUNE 60 chorus box

New Juno 60 stompbox from TC Eletronic.

49.99 according to sweetwater.

1 Like

Bit annoying that the input appears to be mono only

2 Likes

It’s actually coming out?!

That’s pretty normal for an analogue chorus effect though.

Aha. that´s Torpe bringing his “Touched by Sound/Mode Machines” stuff in here…

Next products from the Behringer Music Group:

Drum Expander ADX-1, SEQ-12, Xoxbox, DT-300, MAP-01, SID etc.pp.

True enough, just hoped for some sort of stereo-summing miracle input solution.

I have high expectations.

1 Like

Two for a hundred. That’s good enough. This would sound good on the analog four and prophet 6. Plus it looks cool.

1 Like

50 bucks?! That’s insane.

1 Like

I wonder if the cheesy-ass wooden sides can be removed. They probably account for half the cost as well.

1 Like

That guitar demo wasn’t very convincing… stereo separation was very subtle. Needs a proper synth demo.

Edit: found one-

2 Likes

Even though this is fun and cheap, I can’t shake the feeling that getting a Boss DC-2W makes a hell of a lot more sense if you want some classic Roland chorus. You’ll effectively get the sound of the DC-2 Dimension C pedal and the sound of the Dimension D and you’ll get stereo in.

3 Likes

Agreed. So much movement with those Dimension algorithms… also the MD-500 has those x2 plus many more.

2 Likes

Or even the CE-2W. The Dimension C/D effect is very nice (especially in D mode that sounds more hi-fi) but it’s a more subtle, widening/spread effect. The CE-2W is a really lovely thick analogue chorus effect. It is about three times the price of this TC pedal though.

5 Likes

I have a really hard time not getting both the DC-2W as well as the CE-2W even though I have plenty of chorus options including a really good UAD emulation of the Dimension D… :confused:

Yeah, I was unable to resist and bought both. :neutral_face:

The good news is, they’re both great.

1 Like

Interesting tweak for this:

@ReverseGroove might also be interested

2 Likes

New v2 sounds really good actually

4 Likes

The v1 was miles away from the sound of the original Juno chorus. It was weird that they went all in on the Juno look and feel yet departed so far from the original circuit and LFO rates. This does sound a lot better. And the line level switch and stereo output option are :thup:

3 Likes

i think it was a design F’up, it sounded more like a tremolo than a chorus…

It was just kind of weird, because the v1 was announced and in development for a really long time, and then when it finally came out, it was just kind of… “huh?”. I think someone somewhere made a decision that guitarists wouldn’t want the actual Juno chorus sound, so they made the chorus more “obvious”? I don’t know.

2 Likes