Tatsuya ‘Tats’ Takahashi Launching Korg Germany, Hiring Engineers

Sequencer ?
Stereo EQ ?

2 Likes

So i found more about these devices. They are homebrewed devices by Tats, that he did a year or more ago. The two parts that look like PROM burners at the top likely are his own homebrewed PROM burners and are labeled with mirror images of the word “audiopotato” which is his instagram handle. ADDED: Perhaps more likely than burners, these are “readers” with the quick release, to make changing these programmed ic faster and easier.

Here is a link to a presentation he gave in Berlin on DJing with circuit boards and mirochips.

This makes me think of the experimental music done by Bebe and Louis Barron in the early 1950’s who used circuits in unique and unpredictable ways, sometimes overloading the circuits until they burned out to create audio sounds.

ADDED: The device at the bottom of the image, is a bank of sliders over top of two pairs of 4 pin dip switches. That may very well be some sort of sequencer as you suggest JamesM.

2 Likes

Free Cookbook from Tats and Korg Germany

The Pyjama Cookbook compiled and organized by Tats, brings together stuff like chocolate cookies from Loopop, a pasta dish from Suzanne Ciani, dumplings from Alison Tavel, and drinks by Piotr Raczyński and Dave Smith, along with 25 other consumables. You can find it at the Korg Germany web-site.

4 Likes

i saw this, kinda amazing :slight_smile:

(What’s happening at Korg Germany) From the Cookbook:

My name is Tatsuya Takahashi
and I am reading job
applications at home.

1 Like

So i see that Tats is giving a half hour presentation at the Keys and Frequencies Show today about “Imagining the Future of Music”. It’s in the Korg “Brand Exhibition” part of the show so one might expect some Korg specific information in the presentation.

If nothing else we’ll get a general direction for what the Korg Berlin Group is working on, but let’s hope for some specific information too. (Like a full out product announcement!)

2 Likes

I would be happy with more recipes! I just know Tats has a secret to sending Midi to his pot roast.

1 Like

If whatever they release has a sequencer, I really hope it has more than 16 steps, and it has the ability to chain patterns. I’ve come to expect these types of imposed limitations in Korg/Tat’s sequencer designs though.

Are sequencers (per se) still future? Just musing.

If it’s more for the cookbook, it will probably be more drink recipes.

I was responding to the thread title, and referring to whatever the Germany Korg team ends up eventually producing. I wasn’t responding to the latest news about the presentation.

Also, I do think we need many more synths with integrated sequencers in the future.

1 Like

It hopefully won’t be „nothing“…

Hooray!! :smiley:
Oh that was 2019 already :grimacing: :roll_eyes:

… for the launch of Korg Berlin.

Which is good, the team, has had time to work — and you’d assume has some tangibles, beside just defining a direction. This sort of thing takes time.

1 Like

Wasn’t meant as critique. :slight_smile: Just realized that I responded with hooray to an old message. Like Mr. Burns when he realizes the 1929 stock crash.

3 Likes

I’ll drink to that!

^^ 1 Year Later

So Superbooth is over. This was the time for Korg Germany to shine. Was there any word at all ? What are they up to ?

3 Likes

Maybe Namm brother. Don’t worry it will all be revealed soon

2 Likes

A group at work at Korg Berlin. Looks like they have fun at work.

Definitely take a look at their web-page.

You can click on the names of the ten employees, and read short bios of each. So besides Tats, there is Max Rest a DSP Engineer, who co-founded E-RM ( polygogo, multiclock ), and i think worked with Tats at Red Bull Academy. The team also includes various engineers, looks mostly digital but not exclusively, and a fair amount of mechanical, and design — and an applied physics engineer !

If that thing on the table is anything more than a prop, we could look for a rather large something. I like that they are considering environmental aspects of their design too. And i definitely like the mix of people here, even an old guy.

Oh and the “physical samples library” shown on the Facebook page, is the “Materials Library” of Material ConneXion with examples of uses of bio plastics, so this perhaps ties in with the environmental materials aspect. Perhaps for non petroleum based plastics, rather than for the biodegradable aspect.

5 Likes

Release the Ta(ts)ken!

Can’t wait!

2 Likes

It’s happening. And very soon.

4 Likes