Tatsuya ‘Tats’ Takahashi Launching Korg Germany, Hiring Engineers

Do you guys think this is in response to Behringer opening shop up in Japan?

What a time to be alive.

15 Likes

Cool, I am glad Tats is back with Korg.

6 Likes

giphy

10 Likes

Maybe in response to Tats being THE MAN? :laughing:

5 Likes

Sweeeeeeeet!

1 Like

Fuck yeaaaaah, Tats is the best!

1 Like

That’s a good point. Tats is the man.

Tats is one of the most interesting designers in the synth scene IMHO, I very much like his approach to design, he has genuine ingenuity tempered by a no-nonsense approach to almost minimalism in many of his designs, yet all the while retaining useful constraints and fun ideas.

7 Likes

Our instruments will be developed not only by the core team we are building, but also through per project partnerships and collaborations.

This has me hoping for another AFX collab!

3 Likes

:joy:

3 Likes

Or even an Elektron collab!

4 Likes

YES!

2 Likes

A Mutable Instrument collab? With Emily and Tats fully involved. I would like that, as an answer to Arturia Microfreak, that saddens Emily more than she admitted…
Maybe Korg goes then Eurorack???
Their Little Bits show that they could do it…

3 Likes

Or maybe a Behringer collab? :slight_smile:

Let’s not forget original designer of MS-20 works at Behringer these days…

1 Like

Why not? It would definitely be preferential to clones, something new affordable and exciting :wink:

1 Like

It sounds unlikely, at least if this statement is anything to go by:

“We are ready to break out of the habits of usual business and challenge us to execute it all in a more sustainable way.”

MAXIMILIAN REST
COO

2 Likes

That would be very cool. Max and Tats collaborated on the E-RM Polygogo module:

3 Likes

Oh, bummer. I was hoping he would have said they don’t care about those things.

If they want to actually be sustainable, they should probably focus on software though. Selling volumes of any kind of hardware isn’t very sustainable.

Leaving Korg was definitely a good career move for Takahashi. (Not to suggest that it was done with that in mind at the time, he seems to not be motivated in that sort of thing.) There is no way (imo) that he would ever have gotten a promotion to CEO of his own operation had he waited things out at Korg.

This is also a great example of why you want to do everything you can to try and maintain a good relationship with the company and the people you are leaving. (Despite the ‘take this job and shove it’ feeling that often overcomes someone about to leave.) You never know when things will come around again.

Best of luck to him, and to Korg Germany and all the clever people that will get to work there.

Sad that corporate culture sometimes requires you to leave in order to later on see and acknowledge your worth.

5 Likes

I’m curious what kind of stuff they’ll create, what envelopes they’ll push.