Tarekith's Analog Rytm mkII review

wow was’nt aware of those issues, i was gasing very hard on that specific unit, help decide to buy a used mki, is there the same issues with the other mk2 ? thats strange because my digitone is pretty reliable for now.

Search the Analog Rytm forum here for the thread about ARmkIIs locking up, definitely not just me.

I have the MK1, had it for 3 (4?) years, and yesterday, ive had the same issue! (For the first time)
Sound keeps on playing, but machine is locked.

Edit: Found another thread that says this is because Rytm is connected to a computer via usb (which is pretty funny considering you know…), so i will keep it on midi cable for now on.

So Tarekith: did your Mk2 freeze when connected to a computer or was it not?

No usb cable in my case, I only connect it when backing things up at the end of the day.

In my opinion AR can be used only as sampler. Only one of machines works properly, it is BDSH, the rest terribly out of tune. I mean if you have good pitch than it is very easy to hear, or you can send it to external tuner to check. Of course if person didn’t work with other system before it can be good enough, or people who spent money and don’t like to admit that it has this problem. Toms are very bad, kicks , cymbals, cowbell also out of tune. I don’t accept people say that they just use hears, because it means they simply can’t hear it :smiley: I believe with this price device could be tuned properly and specially for guys saying I like that it is not tuned and it is good include special option: “make my device out of tune”.

But I like the device very much, it has so many options for playing live. But I can use it only as a sampler, nothin more.

1 Like

Sooo, three years later…Overbridge is out, several updates passed by, including a hardware update in black…everyone is still all miserable about the Mk2?
New units are still locking?

Solid as a rock and mine was second hand.

4 Likes

Mine is rock solid as well. Favorite Elektron machine.

1 Like

You ve been around this forum long enough to know this, no? Freeze bug has been fixed about 2 years ago.

Other problems that people report now and then seem like incidental failures.

I don´t follow the development of machines, that i don´t own (yet). :wink:

Any bugs still on the ARmkii??

I got one in Jan. Love it! So fun to play and to create on.

I had the “MISSING CAL: PADS” bug when I first got it, but now I’ve learned to give it time to discharge properly between turning on/off, I don’t get that any more. Two of the pads “discharge”/flash every time I turn it on. It gets noticeably warmer than my OT when left on for a few hours, but it runs fine.

The warmth is coming literally from the analog circuitry. The A4 is also heating up more than e.g. a Digitone. The Prophet 6 Module I had even more than the A4. When the A4 came out, someone on the old Elektronauts forum did a „heat picture“ comparison between the A4 Mk1 and an older Virus C. The heat on the A4 was much better distributed and he looked at the motherboard also and stated, that it is excellent engineered and for long term usage. So my hope is that this is valid for Mk2 as well.

Wow the thread is here! Unfortunately without the infrared pictures from the Virus TI. 8 years ago…

From the thread:

2 Likes