Tarekith's Analog Rytm mkII review

I’m sure a lot of you here already have the Rytm and are familiar with it. But if there’s anyone checking out the forum looking for more info so they can decide if this box is right for them, maybe this will help:

Enjoy!

22 Likes

Great review, nice to have a balanced review that mentions good and bad points, I feel that this kind of review is much more useful than one which only mentions the good stuff. Good job :thup:

9 Likes

Thanks Daren!

Well done. I can only second darenager’s view.

Offtopic Question: GAS for that speakers. What type are these?

I almost wrote that exact comment, they caught my eye. Cheers for the in-depth vid :thup:

nice
It’s interesting that you feel it sounds quite similar to the machinedrum, and lacking a bit of that “analog warmth”.
I haven’t owned any of them, but I also expected they sound nothing alike

1 Like

Custom Tyler Acoustic D2x’s.

It’s hard to describe, it’s less that it sounds very similar to the MD and more that they share the same vibe and some of the same characteristics. That’s not to say that the AR sounds bad, I just didn’t expect so many similarities with the MD more than anything.

2 Likes

I’m really a big fan of many things that have been done with a Md, so I’m not assuming it sounds bad :slight_smile:
I just - like you - thought it would be completely different and more in the “warm” analogue realm

2 Likes

Could you elaborate? I’ve owned both and found them miles apart vibe wise, so I am interested to understand specifically what you mean.
Thanks, and cool review!

2 Likes

Thanks for the answer. Already thought it’s something in that price range. Excellent equipment.

Not really sure what else to say, the sound of the AR reminds me of the MD. Part of it is the machines on both are similar, as are many of the same parameters for those machines. People are thinking that I’m saying the AR sounds just like the MD and that’s not what I mean. They just share a lot of sonic similarities to me, I can tell they are from the same company versus the AR sounding completely different to what the MD can do.

At least for how I use both. I should note that I no longer own the MD, so I’m just going from memory. Even so, there were many times during the first few days of using the AR where I felt this deep sense of Deja Vu with the sounds I was getting out of it.

Part 2 of the review is now live:

It’s short for obvious reasons :slight_smile:

7 Likes

It‘s so sad to see them damage their reputation like that. It‘s a redesign of a machine that‘s been in production for years. It‘s considerably more expensive than it‘s predecessor and they manage to f#ck things up… …again. I can only shake my head in disbelief. This will not end well.

5 Likes

So far Elektron is doing everything to hold me with legacy OT/A4.

4 Likes

not a bad position to be in, if it ain’t broke as they say

Ufff…

honest review. These are rare but essential on youtube

2 Likes

Jeez that didn’t end well for the mk2
Good honest review

Yep. I’m sending mine back tomorrow - hopefully I will get a properly working unit back.The guys at support seemed pretty confident about it. Since I don’t intend to use it live soon, I have some more time to ‘give it a chance’ trusting that Elektron will work things out. Fingers crossed!

It’s still a beautiful piece of machinery, and there are several people on this forum without any issues aswell so lets see how things turn out.